The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » MagicalOdyssey could use some support. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I have replied to many of these posts but never thought of posting one until now. Some of you may remember past posts from MagicalOdyssey (Daniel Steep) regards his fathers battle with Cancer over the past few years. His father is in Intensive Care tonight and obviously not doing well.

Many of us have been in the position of loosing a parent before but I'm guessing going through it at 15 is especially difficult. I'm sure words of support would be greatly appreciated by young Daniel at this time.

All my best,

Tim
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Daniel,

I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you. I'm so sorry you are going through this. The magic Café is a small community and I know many of us would envelope you with hugs if you were present with us physically. I am sending one via the net. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Chrystal
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
Hey little buddy.. you are in my thoughts and in my prayers. my thoughts are with you and your family...
your friend
Johnnie
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
My mother passed away when I was 11 yrs old (she was only 37) and it still hurts to this day (I'm 48). My dad passed away when I was 25 (he, 64), he had cancer. That sucked.

All I can say, is God gets me through each day. I don't question why but instead give thanks that they no longer suffer.

Each time I was not there. First time I was only 11 and she was in the hospital. Second time, I lived in San Diego and he was in NYC, in a hospital. The doctor told me not to worry too much, that we will watch his progress. He died two weeks later...

If I can do one thing over, it would be to be there for them. So, just be there for your dad, stay by his side and let him know how much you love him.

Good luck and may God bless you and your family.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Tim, Chrystal, Johnnie, Justin,

Thank you to all of you. We are all going through a rough time in my family right now. Tim didn't mention it (Maybe he didn't feel it was his duties to do so) but they did put him on Life Support around 7:30 8:00. They told us before hand, and that he would be so heavily sedated he wouldn't understand what anyone said, or know people were there. Also because of the life support he would obviously not be able to eat, drink, or be able to communicate. Last night I decided when they told us that, that at 7:00 I would go in an say my goodbyes. I was against the life support because we were told chances would be very great that he would become dependent on the machine and have no choice but to stay on it for the remainder of life. It was his wish for life support though so the family had no say.

So now all we can basically do is wait. Unless he gets better while on life support , he will eventually just become a 'vegetable.'

Life sure hasn't been the definition of easy for us lately, and leading up to this. Doctor appointment, after appointment, after appointment. Not to mention the fact that the main income into our family made an abrupt stop. Now struggling with bills, my mom is still working her part time job and preparing to applying to a million different gov. organizations to get help.

Once again, I'd like to thank all four of you for posting, especially Tim... The one magi that is there for me when times are good and when they extremely worsen.

Thanks.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
The times in the post are all at night just for clarification.

The nurse called me and told me he hasn't gotten any better, but hasn't got any worse. Time again for yet another very long hour car ride back to the hospital.

Daniel
C.W.G.
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of C.W.G.
Daniel,

I have been through this very situation with a friend of mine a few years back and can only offer you my warmest and best wishes. There is a saying that says if your going through hell, keep going, and one day you will notice that things aren't so bad anymore.

The friend of mine thought that at the time the world was a horrible place, that God had singled them out, and that things couldn't get any worse... But time had passed, wounds had healed, and without knowing it, he had become a stronger person who was now able to offer support to others in their time of need.

If you take nothing else from this board, take this... It is our darkest moments that our soul has a chance to shine its brightest.

I will keep you in my prayers friend.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Daniel,

Be strong, my friend.

Steve
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there Daniel, I went through the same thing my friend when I was your age. Hang in there. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thank you Brian, Steve, and Finny.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Sent you a PM Daniel
Don
Ryan Joyce
View Profile
New user
Canada
40 Posts

Profile of Ryan Joyce
Dear Daniel,

My heart and prayers are with you and your family. I am deeply saddened that you are going through such difficult times. I have known you now for several years and also know how strong you are, hang in their dear friend.

Ryan
Let's connect:
My website https://ryanjoyce.com
Magicians Masterclass https://magicianmasterclass.com
OWOW Magic Festival https://magicfestival.ca
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thanks Don.

Thank you Ryan. I've been through this before with him but it had never gotten this worse, I remember a thread about this about a year ago maybe?

Thanks again to all. please keep comments coming it really means a lot to hear encouraging words from friends.

Daniel
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
Daniel,

always think positive, be strong.

life goes on, and you have to go with it.

my prayers are with you.

magic mike
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Daniel,

I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for you. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Michael
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I'm very sorry to hear about this Daniel. I've never been a believer of religion, but I'll be praying for you and your family. Hang in there man.

Brian
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Mike thanks.

Michael, thank you very much... Now I'm in a position to get rid of the fire cage even more now to help pay off the many, many bills.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
All the best to you and your family Daniel./Gerry
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw

This is for your Daniel and for everyone else.

Day 21
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Hang in there Daniel, my thoughts and prayers are with your family.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » MagicalOdyssey could use some support. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL