The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » MagicalOdyssey could use some support. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2008-03-21 08:39, mrbilldentertainer wrote:
http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw

This is for your Daniel and for everyone else.

Day 21

Bravo!
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thank you Brian, Gerry, and Banester.

Thank you Mr. Bill. Ill see you on the fifth.

Daniel
-Back to the hospital.
Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
153 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
Yo Daniel

I am a bit in the same position here. My dad is in intensive also. I am 48, he's 78 so I can't compare with your trouble.

In many ways you are not alone...

Hang in there

Ciao for now

Erik
"The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything" (Alfred Borden in The Prestige)
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Daniel,

I lost my Dad about 18 months ago. I spent the last three weeks with him while he was in ICU. I feel your pain. I pray for your Dad, you and your entire family.

I wish I had some real magic to help you. I can say there are many here at the Café any time you need a friend.

I don't know your financial situation, but I will suggest that you wait before selling your magic equipment. The hospital, doctors and all the rest will still be in business even if the bills have to wait.

Know that the time you spend with your Dad is important, even if he isn't awake. Your Mother appreciates your presence and it's important for you as well. I spent hours talking to my Dad, telling him what a great job he did as a parent. It might have been more for me than him, but it helped me then and comforts me now.

Hang in there.

David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thankyou David and Erick.

Unfortunately at 4:45 they took my dad off of life support. They take them off a little bit at a time. He was fully off by 5:45. He then continued breathing very slowly on his own and the heart rate kept getting lower and lower. Doctors said that at that time they would usually try to do recesitation by pumping the chest with there hands. But they felt there was no use as it would just put him in pain, and even then he would still have all his other problems to try and worry about.

at 6:20 pm, my father passed away.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
So sorry for your loss Daniel. As someone who knows you personally I can say he did a great job as a father and raised a pretty great young man as well. You'll always have that and will hopefully pass that on yourself some day to your son.

All my best,

Tim
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
Daniel,
Very sorry for your loss. Though I never knew him, as Tim mentioned, he must have been a great man.

All the best,

Sam
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Daniel:

My own dad died in August, 2006. Although I'm not nearly as young as you, I get it.

There are no words for life experiences such as this. I want to impress upon you that whatever you're feeling, it's normal and natural. My hope is that you'll allow yourself to cry, rage and reflect without worrying about whether or not you're "doing it right."

Talking about it, over and over again, really helps. To do that you have to find someone, or a group of someones, who can and will listen to you without trying to fix the "problem" or make you feel better. I'm a certified Grief Recovery counselor, and I'll be happy to refer you to some on-line resources if you'd like. Just say the word.

Like so many others have expressed, you and all those who loved and cared about your dad will be in my prayers, now and in the days and weeks to come.

Love live on.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Even though I only met your father twice, I agree with Tim. He has done a great job as a father, allowing you to pursue your dreams, and you've turned into a fine young man. I look forward to spending time with you on the 5th.

Bill

Day 21
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thank you Donal.

Thanks Sam, I believe you met my dad once or twice...

Thank you kindly Mr.Bill, I too look forward to it as well, I'm trying to line up stuff to keep me busy.

wed. I'm going to a play, 31st to Copperfield, 5th with you, and 7th possibly a Johnny Thompson Lecture.. So I'm trying to keep myself occupied.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Daniel,

You have my deepest sympathy. The hardest thing in life is losing someone you love, even if logically, it is a kindness for the pain to finally come to an end. Focus on the love and good times you've had with your Dad.

Keeping you and your family in my prayers...
David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thank you again David.
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Daniel,

So sorry for your loss.

Remember though, your dad will always be alive inside of you and watching over you; judging by who you are, the way you carry yourself, how strong you are, he must of been a great man because he did a great job raising you and I am sure you will make him proud.

Michael
madmanmike1
View Profile
New user
Canada (Ontario)
92 Posts

Profile of madmanmike1
My most heartfelt condolences Daniel. I am very sorry for you loss. When you lose someone close to you the void often seems unfillable, but the light at the end of the tunnel is usually twice as bright as it was before. My thoughts are with you as you start your journey through the tunnel and my wishes are for a short trip.

Mike
"it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide!"
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Daniel:

I'm sorry to hear about your father; I've been keeping up on this thread and want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Your friend,

Ron
KidMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Bradford
183 Posts

Profile of KidMagic
Hey Daniel,

I wish I had know about this post earlier, I'm sorry for your loss. I have been to your place a few times, your father was a good man. Mine and my families prayers are with you.

Zach
Magically yours,
KidMagic/Zachary Gauthier
www.kidmagic.ca
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thank you Michael, Mike and Ron.

Zach thank you, I got your families email about 10 minutes ago when I got to a computer. Thanks.

Sam.(Pearce) Thank you very much for the beautiful arrangement and for stopping by. I haven't seen you in some time.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1616 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Dear Daniel,

I'm so sorry -- you have my very sincere condolences.

Best,

Scott
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thanks Scott, I see you're in NY NY. Im going to be there for a while in May. Any good magic hangouts?

Also just so that no one can say, 'you didn't tell me.' Visitation will be from 2-4 and 7-9 this Tuesday, March 25th. and the funeral will be Wednesday, March 26th at 2pm.

All will take place at Falconer Funeral Home, in Clinton, Ontario (only funeral home here).

Thanks again,

Daniel
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Daniel,

Very sorry for your loss. You have many people there for you. Make sure your Mom has people there for her (Including yourself) and ask for help when needed.

With good thoughts for you and your family,

Dean
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » MagicalOdyssey could use some support. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL