The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » White Castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Mandrake...did you realize your avatar is illegal?

Just sayin....
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Since Krystals is being allowed as a Southern version of White Castle the answer is yes, I've eaten food from there. As to the 'why' it is because they were across the street from the bar I hung out at in Jacksonville Florida and every so often we would go across and get bags of 'em, not often, but we would if really hungry and really drunk.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1469 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I used to live near Edinburgh Castle.
"But there isn't a door"
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
Oooh, someone mentioned in and out burgers - best food at the escape convention in Ontario california. Loved it.
Here in Winnipeg we have Salsbury House, the burgers are called nips, and they are the local white castle.
Now, if you go to Minneapolis/St. Paul, go to the drive in called Porkey's, along with the great classic car displays on Saturday nights, the burgers all through the week are simply the best I've ever had.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
In and Out Burger is the most over rated place I've ever eaten. The only thing remotely interesting about them is you can manipulate the old bumber stickers to say "In and Out urge" but other than that they should be closed down. Sucks. Horrible fries too, worse I've ever had.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10763 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I remeber as a kid growing up in NYC there was
1 white castle
2 white tower
3 Needic's
4 automat
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Hoff Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
258 Posts

Profile of Hoff Man
Where I live there are White Castles all over the place, (along with the corporate headquarters), and I do my part to pass on a healthy appreciation of the Slider to my kids. As of now it’s a guilty pleasure I share with my children … my wife has never acquired a taste for the menu or the ambiance of the eating establishment in general … sad, but true.

Soon I will teach my kids to drink the Castle coffee
while sharing the morning paper with other Castle patrons.

Steve
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2750 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-03-22 18:55, stoneunhinged wrote:
Mandrake...did you realize your avatar is illegal?

Just sayin....

pm'd you.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
OK - three things:

1. Frozen White Castle's from the store are weak. They never regenerate back to their original standard.

2. Stanalger - having been born and raised in Columbus, Ohio I can attest for a fact that WC's there have never had or know about horseradish mustard. What surprises me is that as a close personal friend of mine you've never told me about this delightful sounding condiment for Sliders before ... hmm.

3. Five Guys burgers rock and roll !! We have 2 here at the beach and I love them. Their fries are hand-cut potatoes cooked in peanut oil, too. Good groceries !!

That is all ..,

Cap'n Mike
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Quote:
On 2008-03-23 02:40, vinsmagic wrote:
I remeber as a kid growing up in NYC there was
1 white castle
2 white tower
3 Needic's
4 automat

I miss the Automat, Nedicks is still around and has good Franks (different from Nathans), White Tower (gone) had bigger burgers than White Castle.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Speaking of horseradish mustard there is a place in Brooklyn, maybe the Bronx, whatever, where I get it brought in from. To my knowledge it isn't available in any store and is outstanding, if anyone is interested I'll post the website for them if they have one, I'll have to check the label. Best mustard I've ever had in the US (best ever was at the train station in Antofagasto Chile, the one near the port across from El Banco O'Higgins (that is right, the national hero of Chile is an Irishman).
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1828 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
When I was a kid (1953) Krystols were a nickel, five cents each, a fountain coke in a glass, made out of glass,was a dime, and a large slice of lemon pie,served on a plate was a quarter. Whole meal seventy-five cents+ a penny tax. kids rode the bus for a nickel. The Krystol was next door to Mr. Mac MacElwane's magic shop and across the street from the Peabody Hotel.
Around that time Krystol raised the price of there hamburgers to a dime each. People got so mad they stopped going there and they lowered it back to a nickel.
I still eat there cheeseburgers eight at a time, and they've got a great breakfast special.
Bally Hoo and Hullabaloo
one for me and none for you.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Haven't been to a WC since I was a kid and moved from Pittsburgh. Last week however, I had dinner at a restaurant that had an appetizer labeled as Kobe' beef sliders. I couldn't resist. Delicious, but I think it's a bit of a wast to turn them into 3 lil burgers for $18.
stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
996 Posts

Profile of stanalger
Quote:
On 2008-03-23 19:07, SeasideShowman wrote:
OK - three things:

2. Stanalger - having been born and raised in Columbus, Ohio I can attest for a fact that WC's there have never had or know about horseradish mustard. What surprises me is that as a close personal friend of mine you've never told me about this delightful sounding condiment for Sliders before ... hmm.

Cap'n Mike
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cap'n,

I didn't know that our WCs offered anything different than any other WC.

Do you have White Castles in Myrtle Beach? If so, I'll send a box of
horseradish mustard packets.

If not, come visit. You haven't been in St. Lou since 1991, have you?

Stan
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've a related question. While in the Navy, the greatest branch of the service and the one with the proudest history, we always refered to hamburgers as 'sliders'. Is that a regional reference? I've called them sliders ever since but I now wonder if that term goes back to White Castle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » White Castle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL