The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is today a holiday in the U.S.? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Just wondering, is today, Good Friday, a holiday in the States? It's a holiday here in Canada. But someone just sent me some work from an office in Chicago, so I'm thinking it's a regular business day for you.

Maybe you get Easter Monday off instead? We generally don't.

(Day 21)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
The one holiday that actually falls relatively close to the historical event it is meant to honor (Although the symbolism is a tad off) is not a National Holiday in America, in that it typically (in my experience) does not come equipped with a day off.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I know *I'm* workin'! On the other hand, the stock market is closed.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Also, we use a copy/subpoena service that's taking the day off, too.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
*Checks calendar on wall, checks meeting schedule.*

Nope, us Americans, or at least the ones at my office, are working both today and Monday. Friday does appear to be a bank holiday though, as the stock market's closed.

I miss college some days- two weeks of Spring Break every year...
:dancing:

-Erik (day 21)
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
My older son's school district is closed today for Good Friday (Easter Holiday is how it is mentioned on the school calendar). My younger son's school is closed today for Teacher Workday (because that district can't be closed for anything resembling a religious holiday)...remember, most kids are out for Winter Break, not Christmas holidays.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3409 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I had the day off......Oh wait, I'm retired. I have every day off!

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3203 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I expect the bar to be rather busy tonight...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
375 Posts

Profile of Bill
Quote:
On 2008-03-21 18:07, gaddy wrote:
I expect the bar to be rather busy tonight...

Now that's what I'd call a Good Friday! Drinks on me Guys!!!!!
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2719 Posts

Profile of RS1963
It depends on the business etc.. If it's a small privatly owned business they may close on Friday. Spring break is in effect for most U.S. schools so most are closed today. Good Friday is not a National Holliday but some business's do observe it.

Randy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Thanks for the responses. Smile

(Day 21)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is today a holiday in the U.S.? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL