The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Luke Jermay's Twisted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I just got back from Las Vegas. I had the great opportunity to spend some time with Luke Jermay. He did a goofy, goofy bit that just floored me. In short...he does psychic balloon animals! If you have seen him do this, you know what a silly and stunning bit it is.

It is something that harkens back to his early days when Luke did all kinds of shows including kid shows. Now, he has taken his balloon animal making skills and added in his slant on mentalism.

Here's what happened. Luke spoke about balloon animals a bit (some clever wording here to guide the me in my choice.) He then asked me to think of any balloon animal other than a dog. He looked me in the eye, reached into his pocket, took out a balloon and made the animal I was thinking of. It was just great.

He does it as an interlude in his full live show, and he has work on it so that he not only makes the thought of animal, but also pulls the right colored balloon out of his pocket.

There is no pre-show work and no stooging. It is just pure.

I hope he releases this soon, as it will finally allow family entertainers to add mentalism to their shows. If he doesn't release it, I'm sure some others will rip it off (and probably ruin it with 'improvements'.)

This is a very strong bit of mind reading.
Mik
View Profile
Regular user
Luton UK now Seattle US
189 Posts

Profile of Mik
It sounds intriguing indeed, now you didn't think of a snake did you? Snake being the only balloon animal I could make.
From the mind of Mik
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
I love balloons I'm also eating light bulbs.

L.
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
I would have thought of a giraffe. I wonder if that would have worked
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
I cant make those....Smile but you would not have thought of one...

It is something I do for fun for other performers that I know well (such as Todd who has been a close friend for years now) but not something I will be showing around very much nor will it be released.
L.
xersekis
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of xersekis
Thank the gods it won't be released....

dave

keep some of your secrets... and lord knows we don't need any family enterainers adding mental--- to their shows and bd parties.... Smile

now light bulb eating for tots - that is the way to go....
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2008-03-22 05:02, Ramsay wrote:
I love balloons I'm also eating light bulbs.

L.

and eggs.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I won't tip the work on it, but it does include the first practical use of non contact mindreading that I have ever seen. And because of multible outs, I would imagine that doing this routine would be a great way to develop the ability to do non contact mindreading in other settings.

Too bad it will not be released. But then again, Luke has been known to change his mind.

Todd
Athos
View Profile
Elite user
NADO - Mind reader
481 Posts

Profile of Athos
It has a nice TWIST on it

:lol:
~Max
NADO
«How much of a gift it would be to really know what someone is thinking of?»
- Steeve Blanchet, news anchor, TVA
«Here is someone that truly uses his powers for good.»
- David Meclomesnil, weekend radio.
SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
Yeah Todd also eggs!
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
It actually came from a Will Dexter idea years ago when I worked in a magic shop as a kid I would do it for children in the shop. That is about as close as I have got kids magic.

Todd wrote a wonderful little sequence for that troublesome table of children at a walk around gig in The Inovocation Magazine some years back. Well worth reading.

L.
obijuan
View Profile
Loyal user
New Lenox
242 Posts

Profile of obijuan
"Your lower intestine!"
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2008-03-22 10:24, Todd Robbins wrote:
I won't tip the work on it, but it does include the first practical use of non contact mindreading that I have ever seen. And because of multible outs, I would imagine that doing this routine would be a great way to develop the ability to do non contact mindreading in other settings.
Todd

Luke wrote:
It actually came from a Will Dexter idea years ago when I worked in a magic shop as a kid I would do it for children in the shop.
[/quote]

Hi Luke and Todd,
Are both posts talking about the same effect? Balloon twisting using Contact Muscle Reading? If so, can you give the name of the Will Dexter book or tape?
:)
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2008-03-22 03:18, Todd Robbins wrote:
I just got back from Las Vegas. I had the great opportunity to spend some time with Luke Jermay. He did a goofy, goofy bit that just floored me. In short...he does psychic balloon animals!
It is something that harkens back to his early days when Luke did all kinds of shows including kid shows. Now, he has taken his balloon animal making skills and added in his slant on mentalism.
Here's what happened. Luke spoke about balloon animals a bit (some clever wording here to guide the me in my choice.) He then asked me to think of any balloon animal other than a dog. He looked me in the eye, reached into his pocket, took out a balloon and made the animal I was thinking of. It was just great.
He does it as an interlude in his full live show, and he has work on it so that he not only makes the thought of animal, but also pulls the right colored balloon out of his pocket.
There is no pre-show work and no stooging. It is just pure.
I hope he releases this soon, as it will finally allow family entertainers to add mentalism to their shows. If he doesn't release it, I'm sure some others will rip it off (and probably ruin it with 'improvements'.)
This is a very strong bit of mind reading.

Quote:
On 2008-03-22 10:24, Todd Robbins wrote:
Todd

Luke wrote:
It actually came from a Will Dexter idea years ago when I worked in a magic shop as a kid I would do it for children in the shop.
[/quote]

Hi
Are both posts talking about the same effect? Balloon twisting using a Contact Muscle Reading spin? If so, can anybody please give the name of the Will Dexter book or tape? Or any other scource for this type of effect. ANY help or advice at all will be greatly appreciated
:)
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I think that Luke meant the basic idea came from Dexter, not Luke's use of the idea.
He's said that he won't tip his routine, so perhaps it's best not to look for clues.

- entity
obijuan
View Profile
Loyal user
New Lenox
242 Posts

Profile of obijuan
Now to go out and acquire every Dexter writing.
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
Quote:
On 2008-03-22 19:30, obijuan wrote:
"Your lower intestine!"

"Venereal disease!"
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Dexter? Isn't he that serial killer that kills other killers? Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
YOU are Twisted, Spektor.

- entity
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Thanks for the compliment, Entity!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Luke Jermay's Twisted (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL