The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone know german? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Care to roughly translate the hand written parts?

heh, and if you can read it... I was 12.. funny story actually... includes an airport! Laughing

http://markbaluk.com/pics/policereport.jpg

EDIT:

here's the full story:

Back way when it was teh summer between grade seven and grade eight, I was traveling you know... with planes etc... for vacation I suppose you could say. So there I was coming home, with just me and my sister. Franfurt Airport, Germany. Cool cool, I'd think. And I'm so rad. I have a few knives, an airsoft gun [basically a replica gun that shoots BBs] - time to load of the suitcase, and I did...

full of firecrackers, but a few days before leaving I decided to just waste those, cause yea.... firecrackers on a plane in my suticase ... would they really want that aboard? probably not... meh. So I was in the airport, about to put the luggage thru the check out, but there they x-rayed the thing before you checked it in to go with teh plane cargo. so basically you would give your big suticase,

they xray it, then give it back and you go to the desk and they take your suitcase to put it in the 'belly' of teh planne. but.. there was a slight problem. I had a few 'weapons' in it. [not in my carry on bag, just the suitcase, lmao. I'm not THAT dumb]

goes thru the xray, number one thing you see

a big dark handgun

pwned... you could hear the people in the line behind me start to chatter it up and back away slowly. lmao.. keep in mind, I'm a mere 12 years old. boom... the airport dude whips out his walkie-talkie. calls up some 'officials' they come, take out there cell-phone.... in broken english "okay sir... yousa gonna hava to wait right here" less than 10 mins later...

at the airport.. shazam, two cops, full uniform show up

they take a look at the xray. they see a gun [at the moment, seems like its a real handgun] and they see two knives I had in there. a butterfly knife [a 'forbidden weapon' in the wonderful country of Germany, lmao~!!!!] and another normal knife. Now when the suitcase went thru the xray, these two knives were touching each other in a 'T' shape. they couldn't tell [edited] it was and were chattering

between themselves and pointing at the screen... they decide to open up the suitcase, and find the airsoft gun. take it out, and then they find the knives... now noticing its actually a normal knife and a butterfly knife, they leave the normal knife cause its perfectly legal but they take the gun and butterfly knife away. shazam.. they talk to me... how old are you? 12... boom they check out my passport, and lie I did not... they checked and infact I was twelve... lucky asss... they probably thought. If I had been 13 years old they owuld have had to take me away. keep in mind I was not with my parents!

pheww... okay. they leave me with a police report for 'unliscensed use/transportation of a firearm' and 'possesion of a forbidden weapon' NO criminal record.. can I get a 'w00t w00t'?

didn't miss my plane flight, shazam... I'm too cool to miss my plane... offf to canada I go.

canadian boarder agencies - Take away two more htings

a can of pepperspray [the officer in canada said I'd take it to school?!?] anda knife. same excuse. meh

home I was at last

ahh the joys of vacation
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Do you really want a translation? Before I go to bed?

Basically, the report says that you had a butterfly knife. Nothing about guns or anything else. It also says that you have a "federdruckwaffe". I don't know what that means, but "feder" (in this context) means "spring" and "druck" means "pressure" and "waffe" means "weapon". So you had a butterfly knife and a "spring-pressure-weapon" which means something like a switchblade, I'd guess.

What's the point of your post? As a magician, you think it's funny to run around airports with butterfly and switchblade knifes?

I'm sorry. But your post makes me think you are an absolute idiot. God forgive me.

Jeff
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
You should of just told them your Jack Bauer.
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Quote:
On 2008-03-22 18:32, stoneunhinged wrote:
Do you really want a translation? Before I go to bed?

Basically, the report says that you had a butterfly knife. Nothing about guns or anything else. It also says that you have a "federdruckwaffe". I don't know what that means, but "feder" (in this context) means "spring" and "druck" means "pressure" and "waffe" means "weapon". So you had a butterfly knife and a "spring-pressure-weapon" which means something like a switchblade, I'd guess.

What's the point of your post? As a magician, you think it's funny to run around airports with butterfly and switchblade knifes?

I'm sorry. But your post makes me think you are an absolute idiot. God forgive me.

Jeff

Thanks for the translation, wide awake or almost asleep, you still managed to do it well enough for me. Smile

I was in poland, but using the German airport, so laws were slightly different [regarding allowed knives and possession of airsoft guns ["spring-pressure-weapon" does suit the basic definition of an airsoft gun]

I don't nor did think its funny 'to run around airports with butterfly and switchblade knifes?' and I never did that either. I had them in my suitcase, which in some other countries, as I understand, would have been accepted.

However, what I do find funny is reminiscing about the time when I was 12 and nervous/embarrased at the airport. This whole incident was over in less than 5-10mins as I recall. It was nothing major.

Mark
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Mark, hello!

Anyway, what makes me curious is that the "spring-pressure-weapon" also says "with accessories". What in the heck does that mean?

You were 12, so I take back my negative comments. But Matt has it right: Jack Bauer running around airports can just say, "Hey, I'm Jack Bauer" and who cares whether your "spring-pressure-weapon" has "accessories"?

Jeff
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
His accessories where grenades, lasers and rocket launcher bb gun attachment.
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Accessories must have been the little plastic pellets it shoots. They let me keep those anyways.

No problem about the comments.

aha... Jack Bauer isn't as cool as Chuck Norris though Smile
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
One last thing: Your "spring-pressure-weapon" with "accessories" is also "packaged".

Maybe tomorrow I can PM you a perfect translation. It's almost midnight here in Germany, and I have (as usual) had one or two beers.

Jeff
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Oh and ps- the whole story is kinda said 'tongue in cheak' if I seem really cocky, Smile
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
I bought it a couple days earlier, it was still in a little box with Styrofoam etc.
KARCH
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of KARCH
No, but I know A german. He's a Mercedes mechanic.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
OK, it's Easter Sunday morning and I'm wide awake, and I looked at the report again.

As I said, I don't know what a "Federdruckwaffe" is, but I googled and found this:

Click here to view attached image.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
But if it was only in your suitcase...well...

still...

LOL

Jeff
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Yup,

Except it looked morel like this:

;)

Click here to view attached image.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
"spring-pressure-weapon" A BB or pellet gun.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Lady D
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Lady D
I have a friend who is German. Maybe she can help you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone know german? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL