We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Plastic cards anyone? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dobber
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of dobber
I will add that the face cards are one-way.
Cranial Fermentator
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Cranial Fermentator
I was on a site for card manipulators about a week ago when a poster mentioned plastic cards on their forum and was almost immediately ripped to shreds for asking a opinion on various brands of plastic cards. I was really amazed by the hostility this subject brought up. For me, my biggest complaint about plastic cards is the inability to use a crimp.

Btw, I have 2 decks of clear plastic cards in my collection, neither one is Bicycle.
I'd probably be tarred and feathered if the members of the site I mentioned in my last post found that I really like using the one deck which is H2O Safe brand which I picked up at a local dollar store, which is not only clear plastic but in a real odd size, a bit smaller than a regulation bridge deck...but they are great for card springs..lol
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
All this talk of plastic, and no one has mentioned KEMs? At 15 bucks a deck, they are the best for poker-but not for tricks or fans.

kevin
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Solitaire
View Profile
New user
Germany
83 Posts

Profile of Solitaire
I have the baby-blue plastic Bicycles in my collection and I use them for practicing slights, etc or when I am outdoors in the park and someone wants a normal card reading. To most Germans that Bicycle card type looks unusual (at least in this area), so the cards are ok for me.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 19:27, dobber wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 07:20, DStachowiak wrote:
Much as I dislike the clear Bikes, I do occasionally pick them up and play around with them. One feature that hasn't been mentioned is that they have one-way backs. They even have one-way FRONTS.

Which see-thru deck are you referring to? I have two decks. The first one is without a doubt one-way, in every shape and form.

I also have a deck which is ugly, but as far as I can tell is two-way. They even got rid of the little copyright logo. My "red" deck is more pink, and the "blue" deck(which I don't own) is more of a baby blue.
Rob

The"baby blue" and "Pinkish red" color scheme sounds like the same ones I have, but mine are otherwise identical, with the color schemes reversed. Both of my decks are one-way, with a large Ace of Spades pip in the center of the back, and the center of the face of each card in that same shape. It sounds like one of the decks you have may represent a different design, I wonder if USPCC is redesigning these cards.

Quote:
On 2008-04-01 23:09, Cranial Fermentator wrote:
Btw, I have 2 decks of clear plastic cards in my collection, neither one is Bicycle.
I'd probably be tarred and feathered if the members of the site I mentioned in my last post found that I really like using the one deck which is H2O Safe brand which I picked up at a local dollar store, which is not only clear plastic but in a real odd size, a bit smaller than a regulation bridge deck..but they are great for card springs..lol

I also have an odd deck of clear plastic cards I found at a store called "Five Below" (Everything is $5 or less)
They are "Umbra" brand, in a very artsy abstract design, very flimsy, poor for magic except, as you mentioned, for springing, but they are attractive and interesting for game play.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
dobber
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of dobber
Quote:
The"baby blue" and "Pinkish red" color scheme sounds like the same ones I have, but mine are otherwise identical, with the color schemes reversed. Both of my decks are one-way, with a large Ace of Spades pip in the center of the back, and the center of the face of each card in that same shape. It sounds like one of the decks you have may represent a different design, I wonder if USPCC is redesigning these cards.

I believe USPCC is indeed redesigning these cards as the first deck I purchased has the large Ace of Spades design in the middle along with the little copyright circle (actually the letter "R" with a circle around it) on the lower right side of the Spade.

This makes the pack one-way on the faces, as you pointed out because the litle "R" symbol shows thru the pack if a card is reversed face to back in a smallish packet.

The second deck I bought (which you apparently haven't seen yet)is two-way on the face and has no "Circle R" on it. I bought mine at Target and I have also seen it available at a bookstore chain called "Books A Million".
Rob
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3223 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Plastic cards anyone? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL