The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Andrew Mayne's TEAR DOWN - short review! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
I received Andrew's newest DVD TEAR DOWN last week and I have also to say that's my first torn and restored newspaper effect ever! So I can't compare to any other tricks of that kind.

DVD:
The quality of the DVD is like every other DVD from Andrew Mayne very well produced.
You can see the EFFECT, a TRIBUTE to Jim Steinmeyer and other torn and restored newspaper creators and the METHOD.

EFFECT:
Borrow a newspaper, signing the frontpage from a spectator, cut the paper four-times and restore it.
Nothing new but a classical effect!

MOTHED:
There are four points why I like that effect:
1. It's REALLY IMPROMPTU!
2. The newspaper is BORROWED!
3. The paper is SIGNED by a specator!
4. You can HANDLE OUT the newspaper!
just forgotten that there is also a fifth point:
5. It's so EASY TO DO!
Just do it two or three times and you can present the trick!

I have already mentioned that I have no idea of all the other torn and restored newspaper tricks on the market but I think that effect can't be easier than Andrew Mayne's TEAR DOWN!
WALTHER
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Thank you so much for the review! Can you use a full size newspaper for this?
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
THEGUY26,
yes you can - you can also use a magazine,
WALTHER
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Cool! What about taking a group of bill, and tearing and restoring those? I'm probably pushing it here...
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
If you have Steinmeyer's book with The Incessant Newspaper, then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to have the paper signed. You just have it signed and do the routine as described. Does Andrew Mayne add anything else to the effect?
andrewmayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
142 Posts

Profile of andrewmayne
"Does Andrew Mayne add anything else to the effect?"

You hand the paper out at the end.

It's also a little bit different handling (minor changes). The real genius is Jim's thinking on it.
andrewmayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
142 Posts

Profile of andrewmayne
"Cool! What about taking a group of bill, and tearing and restoring those? I'm probably pushing it here..."

You could use that method here. There might be better options. Check out the Incessant Newspaper in Conjuring Anthology by Jim Steinmeyer.
magicjckson
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of magicjckson
Looks like something to check out, anything improv always gets my interest and I've had nothing but good thing when buying from Andrew Mayne. I like the way the man thinks about magic. Voodoo box is my all time fav for performing.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

I know I have not been dissapointed with an Andrew Mayne purchase yet, and I'm sure that will continue.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

I just posted a review in the DVD section, check it out!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=111&0
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Andrew Mayne's TEAR DOWN - short review! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL