The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How's your feet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
How's your feet?
Do you take care of them?
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Of course! They're my sole support!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Do you wear good shoes, sox?

do you do anything extra to take care of them?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Foot massage when I can.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Terrible. I've been on stilts all day. They smell and hurt.

I sometimes pour talc in my socks and I wear slippers in the house. That's about it.

George
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I have a vibrating foot bath. Nothing like watching TV, sipping on an adult beverage, all while tootsies are soaking in the vibrating foot bath after a long day on a trade show floor!

Lyndel
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3248 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I stand about 10-12 hours a day... moreso somedays!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I am a glasswalker. My feet make me money. I worry about my feet almost obsessively.
The soles are hard, calloused and in some places deeply scarred from jumping into broken glass. Not something that occurs regularly mind you, about one in every 20 shows. When it does happen...Ugh. Terrible.
I have a first aid kit dedicated to foot care.I have more knives, pins and pliers solely dedicated to the removal of glass splinters than anyone you will ever meet. It also has a tube of super glue, so that after pulling out a shard, I can glue the wound closed and get right back up for the next show.

I have footbaths, salts, lotions, salves,scrubs, files...and an actual dremel tool. Yes...my feet are actually that hardened on the soles.
All just for my feet.
Then there is the care that goes into the hardening of the feet themselves. It is simple.
I go barefoot everywhere I can. Gravel roads, hot asphalt, burning beach sand, hikes in the woods, and even sometimes snow (Yes...snow. It is the worst).
All of this beats the crud out of your feet, then you spend hours trying to make them look normal again.
So yes...I spend a lot of time taking care of my feet. They aren't pretty, but they are healthy.
I do not recommend what I do to anyone.
Gwyd
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2008-03-24 15:28, gsidhe wrote:
It also has a tube of super glue, so that after pulling out a shard, I can glue the wound closed and get right back up for the next show.
I do not recommend what I do to anyone.
Gwyd

OK, forget Chuck Norris... gsidhe is a bad a**!!!!!!! Total props to you dude!

Lyndel
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
How are my feet? They hurt. My right one collapsed and I had a heel spur and plantesomething or other. Both feet are 4E in width with a very high arch, unfortunately when I was in the service I had no choice but to wear boots that were narrow with a normal arch. This resulted in stress fractures that still bother me and the roots of my nails were twisted and damaged and some day soon I'll have to have all my nails ripped off. They hurt at times to the point where I look forward do their removal. I wear orthopedics which really help, have to do streatching excersizes five times a day, have to wear special shoes that have support and high arch (new balance baby!), and on bad days need a cane to walk. Other than that they are adorable.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Besides the occasional quality prop, good shoes are the only thing I spend money on for myself. Although my toenails were atrociously long a couple days ago. Jell-o anyone?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Having lived in Hawaii for a short time I learned to take proper care of my feet.
I do need to get some clippers though and quit the bad habit of biting my toenails.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Let me second what Josh says. Avoid places like Payless Shoes, pay for good shoes and they are well worth it. My crappy shoes helped lead to my foot collapsing and it hurt and still often hurts. Good thing I'm man enough to take it.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I take care of my feet. I walk a lot in the city but on the pavement, not glass...lol I wear good shoes and sox too, I also get a pedicure every couple months. If you've never gotten one, you owe it to yourself to try. Usually I go to a good place and spend around $55.00 for a complete spa special. They do the whole clip job and they sand down the souls and rub all kinds of herbal lotions on your feet and calves. It's great. Just the massage alone is excellent, totally rejuvenates your energy.

Other than massages, I also like reflexology. It's more like massage without the herbal stuff or the clipping. Reflexology concentrates on pressure points on the souls of your feet. When they work on a certain spot it stimulates organs in your body. It's more therapeutic but just as excellent as a pedicure.

I highly recommend trying both.

As for Gwyd...I don't know what to say??? Amazing...unbelievable...speechless, etc.

day25
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Isn't magic great - with it's many varied lovers of the art that run the gamut of people that walk barefoot on glass and glue their wounds shut to guys that get pedicures and herbal lotions slathered on their feet at the spa? Smile

...Nothing wrong with either, but you won't catch me doing one or the other!

Lyndel
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2008-03-25 12:54, Lyndel wrote:

...Nothing wrong with either, but you won't catch me doing one or the other!

Lyndel

You gotta have an open mind, Lyndel. Think about it for a minute. besides the fact that a "cure" is good for your feet, you gotta see the big picture. Most of the time, if not all, you are the ONLY guy in the place. You are surrounded by women, some very good looking. :wink:

When I walk in and ask for a pedicure, the woman will say okay, what color? (I guess that's the norm for women, since they get their toes painted?) So, I say "something bright", you got fushia? It makes the other women turn and give you a look. I find that amusing.

Of course you don't have to get a cure, try reflexology first.

It's very soothing.
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Fine
No
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Poor Justin....little does he know one accident, one mis step, a bite from a spider, and his feet could be gone. Life is wicked!
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Fine. I get a pedicure every month and use lotion every morning and evening. Did anyone know that you don't actually really need to wash your feet with soap? Unless they are really dirty of course, but in normal everyday life just taking a shower is enough. Soap just makes them dry.

I am a male nurse and took a course in college about foot care, so that's why I am so passionate about taking care of mine. But makes me feel better as well Smile

Gwyd mentions gravel roads...on a nice summer day, walking on a gravel road barefoot is very relaxing, its like a massage!

Day 26
Sent from my Typewriter
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-03-24 23:53, MagicSanta wrote:
Let me second what Josh says. Avoid places like Payless Shoes, pay for good shoes and they are well worth it. My crappy shoes helped lead to my foot collapsing and it hurt and still often hurts. Good thing I'm man enough to take it.

Payless Shoes have done me just fine. My wife says if I buy crappy Wal*Mart sneakers again, she will disown me!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How's your feet? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL