The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » A Small Measure of Justice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Not sure if this goes on this board but by way of updating. The guy who hit us was originally just going to be charged with simple DUI and running a stop sign. Our attorney thought that was a bit light so he took the pictures of the car and my wife (taken the day after the accident) to the prosecutor.
The charge has been amended to felony DUI and the case kicked up to General Sessions (what SC calls its superior court).
The down side is that the guy seems to have fled to Puerto Rico. His insurance company can't even find him
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3411 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
The laws and judgements concerning DUI have always seemed a little light in SC. But then I'm a "D**N YANKEE!" (Now living in SC.)

JMHO

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Heck, the legislators who opposed the first DUI law in SC in the late 70s did so on the grounds that there were no bars in their districts and the only time they could drink was on the drive to Columbia. They also opposed the end of brown-bagging as well
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » A Small Measure of Justice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL