The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New equivoque book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I have a new book coming out called Illusions of Influence. It is my treatise on equivoque and includes my work and ideas dealing with the use of equivoque as well as some routines contributed by others such as our own Greg Arce and Paolo Cavalli. It is at the printer's right now and I expect it to be available by the first full week of April if not before.

The price is $35 US and includes shipping to the Continental US, international purchases will have to pay actual shipping so please contact me for a full total. You will be charged only for the actual shipping costs, not for the packing and "handling". I will accept payment via Money Order, Cashier's Check, personal check (will have to clear), and Paypal. Anyone interested in purchasing a copy should contact me via PM or through the email address on my profile.

Thanks to those who have helped me along the way by their contributions and by reading over the drafts and offering their advice.

Samuel Catoe
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
How many pages?
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
It has either 10...20...or 30...take one in your left hand, and one in your right hand.

Nathan
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
How many words ? Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Sorry, I had a long day yesterday and just forgot to put that information down. The book is an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", saddle stitched, and is 56 pages long. Of those 56 pages about 45 are full of content. Thanks for looking. Any other questions, please ask.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2084 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2008-03-26 08:16, nathanpain wrote:
It has either 10...20...or 30...take one in your left hand, and one in your right hand.

Nathan

LOL
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Thanks Gabe...it's good to be noticed...

Nathan
Esjay Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
Halls of residence
267 Posts

Profile of Esjay Dee
Quote:
On 2008-03-26 08:23, Samuel Catoe wrote:
Of those 56 pages about 45 are full of content.

What are the other 11 full of?
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Some of them are full of nothing (blank), others are full of copyright information, and I have one page in there that I felt was appropriate for the coming elections and is full of bull.Smile

I have had a request or two for the table of contents. However there is no table of contents to this book as it is intended to be read from beginning to end. But I do have sections to it and here is the information on those.

There are three main topics: Eliminations- which covers the how to of equivoque, Scripting- which discusses my ideas regarding how to script an equivoque routine, and Performing- which covers not the performance of the routine, but some advice regarding performing in general as well as a story or two about my own experience performing.

There are seven routines in the book spread out in the different sections. Four are contributions and three are my own routines. Three of the contributions have been printed before in the respective creator's own works. The routines are: The Invisible Aces, E-Wave, Scorch, Floater, E Plurbis Unum, Ogami's Option, and Jewel of the Pile.

I hope this answers some questions that some of you may have.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2008-03-26 16:31, Samuel Catoe wrote:
***I have one page in there that I felt was appropriate for the coming elections and is full of bull.

Samuel,

Is such a page actually in your manuscript or were you being facetious. (Sorry, I couldn't decide based upon the smiley face.)

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
It's just a joke Mike. I may have actually done something like that if I had thought about it beforehand, but no, no such page exists.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Paolo is still alive???? YAY!

Sounds like a great book, Mr. Catoe!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I hope so. I think it's good. But then again, I do know the writer somewhat intimately.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Update.

I spoke with my printer Friday the 5th. He told me then that he had a few problems that delayed him. According to him I should have the book in hand and be ready to begin shipping by Wednesday the 9th at the latest. Here's to hoping. Thanks to those who have ordered a copy.
For those who are in the UK, can now say that the entire cost of the book with shipping and everything is $45 US. For anyone else interested in a copy who is from an international country, please pm me and I will find out what the cost of shipping will be. Thank you for your time.

Samuel
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2008-03-27 01:03, Samuel Catoe wrote:
I hope so. I think it's good. But then again, I do know the writer somewhat intimately.

I think it is a splendid course on equivoque. It is a fantastic guide and introduction to those who want to learn, and full of advice, observations, and valuable input to those who already use it. This book not only explores the "How to" but the "Why". And the routines are brilliant, as is the exploration and explanation.

Fantastic work Sam!

This book is highly recommended.

Tony Iacoviello
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
That's all the recommendation I need - Ordering now.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ordered!
I've asked to be banned
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
After much looking and considering of the options, I have determined that the price for international priority shipping is $10 for most locations. Therefore, the price for international customers is $45 regardless of your location. I hope this helps those of you who have asked about the cost of shipping.

So to reiterate.

US and Canadian customers $35 US shipping included
International customers $45 US shipping included

Samuel
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I just found out that shipping to Canada has gone up to where it is nearly equal to international shipping so though I am sorry for this, all orders from here on outside the US are $45. If you have already ordered from me, you are not affected by this. I will honor the price I had set when you ordered. Thank you and I am sorry for any confusion.

Illusions of Influence is now available for purchase and shipping. I got the books today and they are beautiful if I do say so myself. If you have purchased a copy it is going in the mail tomorrow. If I am hit by a train, I will mail out your book before I expire from my injuries.

If you are interested in purchasing one please contact me. I accept money order, check(must clear before I ship), and Paypal. $35 US and $45 for all other locations shipping included. I will sign the book if you wish.
Thank you for your interest.

Samuel Catoe

P.S. If you have any other questions PM me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New equivoque book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL