The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon DVD's? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
musicgutbucket
View Profile
New user
South east UK
44 Posts

Profile of musicgutbucket
Hi guys & guyess's
Can any one please help? I am an intermediate balloon moddeller, I am wanting to do different balloons than most in my area. You know dog, flower, sword etc. I have Mark Byrne's DVD's, The Balloon School DVD by Joe Montella. Great DVD's, but know that I have been doing hats (Thanks to mark's DVD's) I want to get more into doing hats. I have been told by another balloonist about Don Cauldwell (I like what he does) but I think with all the different types of balloons he uses would prove to be expensive for me (something to aspire to though as I love what he does) So can anyone recommend some DVD's please.

I also need help with knowing what to do, say etc while I'm standing there making them instead of being a prized lemon. I learn by watching/listening. I have been on tmyers.com but I just don't know which one to go for as money is tight. Norm Barnhart sort of interests me. Has anyone whatched it? Are there any more? I need help aaaggghhh.

Please xcuse any misspeelongs.

Thanks for any help offered.
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Have you trie Bad To The Balloon 1&2 great dvd's....
AND STILL WAITING FOR #3 nudge/wink/hint
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
musicgutbucket
View Profile
New user
South east UK
44 Posts

Hi Flekka, shouting right back at ya! I'm waiting for it as well #3 that is.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4381 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I 3rd that I love bad 1 and 2 .... and dog gone! what a great bit of theatre ......

kepp up the good work MARK! And blooming quicklyt people got itchy twisting fingers here......
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Why did the chicken cross the internet?.......................To get to the other site!!!

Sorry folks not much been going on here lately been busy at BHQ.

Top things keeping me from producing Bad to the Balloon #3:

1) I went to China.

2) Busy defending creativity and marketing of Balloon Dresses from Shanghia

3) Been to too many Conventions this year. Diamond Jam, Twist & Shout this is the 3rd month right?

4) Doing an Art installation for an Elementary school $18,000 project

5) Teaching at World Clown Convention in Disney World April 13- 16th http://worldclown.com/conv.html

6) Talking to people all over the world and southern Californian. Looking to set up a European tour this year. England, Scotland, France anyone I am missing? I lecture on magic and balloons.

7) Busy losing weight ... lost 40 lbs within the 3 months.

8) Going to diamond Jam 2008.5

9) Want to go to FLOAT, Millennium Jam, Twist & Shout

Number one reason Bad to the Balloon Number 3 is not ready ........... I still have 500 of Bad to the Balloon #1

Sooooo tell your friends, clowns, magicians and any one into latex Buy Bad to the balloon #1 & #2 Quicker I sell these puppies then I am off to my next project!!!

Buy from the artist and support art!!! (and my wife and kids)

http://web.mac.com/markballoonguy/Balloonguy.net/Store.html
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
Mark,

So, on point #6 of why Bad to The Balloon 3 is not ready, is there a reason that you separate Southern Cal from the rest of the world? As a SoCal boy, I am wondering if it's a good thing or a bad thing that you set us apart from the rest of the world.

Just a hop, skip, and a short jump from Cerritos,
Steve Yarosko
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4381 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
SHeesh! What do you need to do in the otehr 3 hours of the day ------ sleep?????

I cant wait to meet up with you! PLEASE you got to get over here to do the tour.

I have started frequenting a magic club - I will talk to them about doing a lecture next year if you want. .....ill certainly pass on your details to the organiser person - oh and the president of the group is a baloon man! - n really he has to be re-inflated every few days (well certianly looks like it Smile )
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I also have Bad to the Balloon 1 & 2.

Wonderful.
Smarty Pants World
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Smarty Pants World
As a general recommendation, I really like all of Ralph Dewey's DVDs. He mainly uses 260s and hearts and all of his stuff is really well done and easy to learn but has a big impact. I know he has a few DVDs available that are all very good.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1721 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Patricia Bunnell produced some excellent DVDs. Check them out.
musicgutbucket
View Profile
New user
South east UK
44 Posts

Wow thanks guys for your input. Jakeg, what sort of balloons does Patricia do?
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1721 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Patricia does hats which can also be used for bracelets. They feature cartoonish faces, (VERY cute), with lots and lots of character. One basic shape with additions to give each one individuality. Good for the intermediate twister who can already make the simple one balloon figures. For beginners, I like Captain Visual's Big Book of Balloon Art. That will take you from beginner to intermediate twister. If you google Patricia Bunnell you will probably come up with some photos of her work.
I suggest that you go onto some of the balloon forums and read the revues of the various DVDs. They also have photos on them and well as instructions.
musicgutbucket
View Profile
New user
South east UK
44 Posts

Thanks Jakeg. I'll do that now.
musicgutbucket
View Profile
New user
South east UK
44 Posts

Ye of course, I've just realised I can get them at Tmyers. I'm too impatient, as I've ordered 2 of Mr Caldwells DVD's Tie Blow Workout & Blow Hard. What are these like? Anybody?
Buster Balloon
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Buster Balloon
Complete rubbish. I wouldn't even use Caldwell's DVDs as drink coasters. I have tried to watch them and they contain nothing that I have not seen a hundred times before. Although, I must say that of all of them, his Mad Hatz & Wild Wearables is the most tolerable.
Buster Balloon
Creative Genius, Balloon Twisting Savant, & Pre-Sweetened Breakfast Cereal Connoisseur
http://BusterBalloon.com
cashy001
View Profile
New user
lincoln
42 Posts

Profile of cashy001
Is some one fishing? if so dons dvds are great you learn a lot from them and he is very entertain to watch so of the stuff is great for line work other is good for restunt work and some only if you have a spare 30 mins I make some of the mad hatz stuff for me to wear and I don't make them for any one but one person will get it when I leave its helped me get in the paper and on tv but I have a lot of dvds and you might only get one good thing from every dvd
love me love my magic
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1721 Posts

Profile of jakeg
You're going to very pleased with Don's DVDs. Great choice!
By the way, T. Meyers has always tried to be honest in his revues of the DVDs he sells. If he says they're good ..... they're good. You can also call them and ask about specific DVDs and also get an honest opinion.
Very funny Buster ...... you're going to stir up a hornets nest.
musicgutbucket
View Profile
New user
South east UK
44 Posts

I like it. I can't wait to get the Caldwell ballon (thats french........ooh la la) video.
Thanks Jakeg again I didn't think about asking them. What a cluts I am.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Wow did nobody see the 800 lb gorilla that just walked by?
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
cashy001
View Profile
New user
lincoln
42 Posts

Profile of cashy001
Mark you really shouldn't talk about your self like that if you do others will copy
now get back making bad to the balloon 3 as we all need to see if its any good
love me love my magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon DVD's? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL