The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Searching the Café with multiple word (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
Unless I am doing this wrong, I was wondering if there is a way to add the quote method of searching to the Café. Many times I look up an item such as "Free floating card" and get every article that has each word in it. By adding quotes as Google and such I get that specific set of words. While I am wishing, a spell check added to that would help, so that my ubiquitous spelling of "he' as "the" has suggested spellings that might be better.
Thanks for listening
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5080 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
When you do the search, you have the option of requesting results with "all of the words" "any of the words" or "Exact Phrase". Exact phrase would give you only what you typed in.

As for spell check, that's up to the tech folks. I know it has been suggested before.
Where the magic begins
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
I think you have to click on the advanced button to the right of the quicksearch box to get those options.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5080 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
That is correct. I assumed that if a specific search was needed, the search button in the upper right corner of the page would be used. There are many search options in that area.
Where the magic begins
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
Thanks for the tip. it helps a lot
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Searching the Café with multiple word (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL