The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Teleport Envelope vs Professional Teleport Envelope (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
I have paramiracles. In it the TE is described.

I have seen professional teleport envelope mentioned on here. Is there a difference between the paramiracles one and the professional one?
Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
I also wonder that and I'm to lazy to make them myself. So I wonder where I can buy them because I don't think it is possible to buy them from Ted anymore?

Ezzet
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
I'm not familiar with the Professional Teleport Envelope, but the regular Teleport Envelope as described in Paramiracles takes about 2 minutes to make and works great.

Jim
MTaylor2002
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of MTaylor2002
I never tried to make a Teleport Envelope based on the instructions in Paramiracles, but I have made up the Teleport Professional. The insructions for the latter are in a set of Mr. Lesley's lecture notes titled "It's Paramiraculous" from the late 90's. I've never compared the two sets of instructions in detail, but the Professional was described as an "improvement" over the earlier version and easier to construct. The basic principle and effect are the same, however. I think if you're using the Teleport Envelope with good results, you probably needn't be too concerned about one version verses the other. Having said that, I'd be curious to hear the thoughts of anyone who might have experience constucting and using both versions.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I can recommend Ted Lesley´s DVD Cabaret Mindreading.

Here yo can learn almost everything about Teleport Envelopes plus a great routine with Teleport Envelopes: TELEPORTATION.

Teleportation – A page is selected from a book by one spectator while an empty envelope is given to another. On the performer’s command, a piece of the selected page vanishes and is found in the envelope. When compared, the piece fits exactly!

DVD http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=5181
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
192 Posts

Profile of Torkova
I've made up envelopes from the Teleport Professional package and they are the same as on the video. I'm not sure but I think the Teleport Professional was just a packaged kit with pre-cut envelopes & glue to make them up. I believe the envelopes are the same.

Bobby
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I'm also lazy so I made up 50 while watching television one nite. I use D***** S***** T*** instead of R***** C***** and don't peel the protective paper off till the day of the show - a dab with a glue stick, peel off the paper, pop in a weighted matchbox to hold it open and ready to go.

Destiny
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2008-03-27 02:27, Kjellstrom wrote:
I can recommend Ted Lesley´s DVD Cabaret Mindreading.

I, for one, was stunned the first time I watched Ted Lesley perform the Teleportation effect on that video! It's an outstanding effect!
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
Yes the dvd is great but it doesn't show how to make them. isn't there anyplace that sells them?

Ezzet
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Ezzet.... I transfered the drawings in Ted's book to a MS Word doc. and then just print a bunch off onto Manila envelope stock...and set down with an exacto knife and good music and make them up... about 12-18 at a time...

I am sure you can do the same... fairly easy.

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
I bought some from Ted at the Wonderworkshop, I am not sure he is still selling though.
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
The "Teleport Professional Envelopes" are slightly different from the its predecessor the "standard Teleport Envelopes". The standard Teleport Envelopes are described in Paramiracles. The improvement of the "Teleport Professional Envelopes" is you no longer have to stick something such as a movie ticket inside the envelope to keep it from prematurely sticking together. And you can also let the spectator now handle the envelope without fear of detection.

Also the Teleport Professional Envelopes are pre-cut and pre-printed with the dotted lines to help guide the spectator to correctly open the envelope (which is extremely helpful).

I know Steven's Magic and Hocus Pocus used to carry these but they haven't been available for a while now.

I stockpiled these and still have some available, so if you'd like to pick some up you can PM me.

Hope that helps!

** Bill **
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I went to Google image, searched 'cut here' - found an image of a dotted line with the little scissors and printed out an A4 Prestik clear adhesive label sheet of them - cut them up and stuck them on. Did it while watching television once again and as Bill Lhotta says - this addition is extremely helpful.

Destiny

PS: Mr Lesley is truly a genius.
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Another idea that Ted mentioned somewhere was you could go to your local Kinkos store and have them make you up a stamp with the dotted line and pair of scissors image. The stamp would actually have two rows on it with this image repeated so when you place it correctly over the envelope it would print the dotted line and scissor image on both the front and back side of the envelope at the very top.

Cheers!

** Bill **
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
I use the teleport envelopes a lot. I prepare them using double sided stick tape. In this way I avoid putting something to prevent sticking. When the time comes the spectator removes the cover of the doubble sided stick tape himself (the excuse is that I use this metod to avoid him to lick the glue).
KPPfeiffer
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of KPPfeiffer
Thomas Henry produced a CDrom with lots of templates for envelopes called "DIY Templates for Magic and Mentalism". (www.midwest-amalog.com/templates)
Its worth having!
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
I thinks there s a problem with the link, it s not working.
KPPfeiffer
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of KPPfeiffer
hendramagic
View Profile
Regular user
INDONESIA
140 Posts

Profile of hendramagic
Yes the link its not working
KPPfeiffer
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of KPPfeiffer
The link I posted is correct and the only info I have. I ordered directly from him. Maybe the website is no longer up or changed. The email adress I have is: contact@midwest-analog.com
I have the understanding that he published a book (Hidden numerical forces). So it must be possible to contact him. Ask e.g.Richard Hatch. Good luck!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Teleport Envelope vs Professional Teleport Envelope (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL