The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Torn and Restored Newspaper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kenny Mullan
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Kenny Mullan
Can anyone please suggest a specific Scottish newspaper to use for this as the ones I have tried do not seem to have a grain. Therefor the tear is not straight and is quite uncontrollable. Thank you, Kenny.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Can you go to a newsstand and get an American paper, such as "USA Today" or something?

Mark.
Kenny Mullan
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Kenny Mullan
Thanks Mark for your reply. I don't think we get such quality Newspapers here in Scotland, I will have a look though.

Kenny.
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Kenny,

All paper, unless layered, has a grain going one way or the other. Most newspapers are long grain (tears straight up and down, but doesn't tear straight laterally) but yours may be a short grain. Can you close the newspaper and tear it laterally first? That should be a straight tear, and then you have less surface are to tear it the opposite direction.

I hope this helps!

Scott

Day 28
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Kenny Mullan
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Kenny Mullan
Scott,
That sounds like good advice to me, thank you very much. I will give your suggestion a try.

Kenny
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I can't say for sure, but if you have an airport nearby you are likely to find some variety to choose from (especially if it happens to be an international airport).
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Kenny, you might need a DVD explaining how to perform the effect. It should be able to help you learn how to use any newspaper.
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

I think you can look for Gene Anderson's Newspaper Tear. Its wonderful. Also you can look for Slydini's newspaper act. You can find Dvds about it. I think Rocco Silano explains Slydini's version in one of his Dvds. You can find on the market.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Gene Anderson's Newspaper Tear DVD a very good explanation.

Paulo
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
"Worlds Greatest Magic" has a DVD with multiple newspaper tears.

And Kenny, do you know about JB's "No Tear" Newspaper?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Torn and Restored Newspaper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL