We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Tux shirt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
I want to look professional. I have a bow tie which I will wear with a 2 piece suit. Should I only wear a bowtie with a tuxedo shirt? or is it fine with a regular collared black shirt.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
A bow tie can be worn with a regular suit and dress shirt, or even a sports coat.
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Alright thanks. Now I wont feel like a blithering idiot wearing the "wrong" type shirt.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
I have almost completely gone to bow ties. I wear them with everything. Please, if you are planing on wearing a bow tie, learn to tie one! Then get a high quality self-tie bow tie. http://www.Beautiesltd.com is a great place to get ties from.

Usually, you only wear a black bow tie with a tux (which means a tux shirt as well), but I have worn one with a black shirt (not wing tip collared) when I wanted to look rather serious. This is not something I would do on a regular basis, but it was what I needed at the time and worked well (have also worn a silver tie with a black shirt which looked very professional). May I ask what colour your tie is?

Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I once did a close-up strolling gig and one of the guests angrily told me that his father always told him not to trust a man wearing a bowtie... I thought he was joking at first but then he then turned and stormed away before I even did my first effect! Needless to say, I was a bit stunned as were the other people standing around who, after we all recovered, I performed for them as usual. You meet all kinds in this business!

BTW, the rest of the night, I surveyed each group that I was about to approach from a distance just to make sure that "bowtie phobia man" wasn't standing among the group... Weird huh?

Lyndel
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
HAHA!!!! LOL!!Lyndel that's hilarious. My bowtie is a pretied $100 dollar bill design. I really like it. Sorry if you are a self-tie "purist" Dalton lol. I think its great for money magic routines.
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Attached is a stock photo of the exact tie I bought.

Click here to view attached image.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Big Pimpin!
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Exactly the words I said when I saw it, Christopher! Thanks Smile
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Haha..Well, when you can, tie it yourself. Self tied bow ties look better (IMHO), and give you a feeling of pride in knowing that you tied it yourself.

Although, I doubt you could find one like that sweet $100 dollar bill one as a self tie, so I have no problem with it. As I believe I said before (if I didn't I'll say it now), I have a silver pre-tied bow tie that I have worn with a black shirt that looked super cool (see my photo to the left). Since I haven't found one like it that was self tie, I bite the bullet and wear the pre tied one. =P

It would be cool if you could think up a money effect that you used the tie for. haha..

BTW, where did you find that one?

Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
I bought it at a store at the Mall of America (living in minnesota rocks) called Ralph Marlin. They are a tie store. I bought two more bowties today. Im thinking I want to "switch over" to bowties. Oh and btw sorry about misspelling your name in a previous post. Ill post a pic of me performing next week wearing the whole 9 yards. Smile see ya Danton.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Hey no problem...I have people misspell my real name all the time, so when people misspell my alias it doesn't bother me. =]

More power to you on making the "switch"! Looking forward to seeing a picture.

Danton

Month 2, Day 6
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Yeppers Ill post a pic about next week for my avatar of me doing my ring routine.
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Alright well When I try to use it as my avatar the picture gets broken as a red x so Ill just post it here. Im thinking about using this when I get a more professional website which I am working on right now.
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
This is my publicity photo Smile If you want to see it in full size go to my site its on there.

Please disregard the attached image because it is a broken link

Click here to view attached image.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Very nice! That bow tie really does the trick. (pun intended)

The image might be to big for an avatar, you might want to look and see. If so, making it smaller will allow you to use it.

Danton
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
I did resize it to under 100 pixels square but The image gets broken. Did you view it on the site? I have a close up on the home page
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

I did indeed view it on the site. Looked good.

You might try PMing someone like Steve, who might be able to help you.

Danton
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Im going to ask in tech help.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

That would be place to ask!

Good luck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Tux shirt (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL