The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rabbit Cannon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
625 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
I used to blow up a rabbit in my nightclub show. Throughout the course of the act, I would toss things into a trashcan next to my table. At some point I would produce a white rabbit and set him aside. When he started to hop around, I'd put him in the trashcan 'to keep him from running off.' Later in the act, I'd 'lose control' of a fire effect and dump it int the trashcan which would then explode. I'd then hit the trashcan with a fire extinguisherm, reach in, and produce a black rabbit wearing a bandage. The fact that the black rabbit tended to bite me was probably deserved. Needless to say, neither rabbit was in the can during the flash effect.

I bring this up, however, because I had a pair of bunny ears that would rise above the rim now and then as if he was climbing the side of the can, etc and maintained the illusion nicely. Someone above had mentioned havng a puppet pop his head out of the barrel but just the ears maintain the illusion nicely and won't block the barrel. That's an excuse to adjust the angle upward, etc. Just a thought. I too would like to see how your cannon comes out!

We also came close to firing a pug out of a Civil War Parrott Rifle (cannon) but that's another story...
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
This project has been put on the back burner for now. but hope to get back to it a few weeks.
I have a few ideas that I want to test out before I commit myself to a final design.

The show that this is being built for is not until Sep 2012, so I have plenty of time. To much time even.
No presure to get it done so other projects keep getting priority. Right now I am rebuilding/restoring an old hot tub spa...
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
625 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
I can teach you how to make bubbles in a hot tub. Just ask!
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Have you thought about a rabbit switching cage, in which the live rabbit is apparently lifted out of the cage, but a switch is made so you are actually holding a realistic puppet duplicate rabbit? Putting a fake rabbit in the cannon solves a lot of problems, since fake rabbits aren't afraid to disappear.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
A rabbit cannon? Man, you must have big rabbits. I usually just use a shotgun! Smile

Regan
Mister Mystery
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
Regan

my rabbit is so big he has his own shotgun.....

Click here to view attached image.
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Is that so he can defend himself against rabbit foot hunters?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
In my family we hunt and eat rabbits..... This is so he can defind himself from my brothers....

He is 9 months, a bit over 20lbs. He chases/beets up pitbolls for fun (not kidding!! he really does)

and his name is Tiny.

Anyway he is not the rabbit that will be shot out of the cannon. I am looking for a small breed rabbit
that looks kind of like him. I have a Blammo Box that I vanish a small rabbit and change it into a large rabbit.

Here is another Pic of Tiny, (he is the one with the long ears)

Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
Here is a pic of the box that I produce tiny out of... Yes I built this myself

Currently I place two small breed rabbits into the cage, and combine them into one Large Rabbit...

You should see the face on the kids when the get a load of Tiny... It is worth it...

Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
Wow, Tiny sure is...a load! You might need a cannon for him! Smile
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rabbit Cannon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL