We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Legend: An anecdotal tribute to Ken Brooke (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
966 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Any of You English lads have this yet ?

Looking for a review etc.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi Wayne (and everyone else),

I received my copy of LEGEND and I must say that aside from my contribution, the book is fantastic. Steve Cook has really captured the essence of what Ken Brooke was all about.

For those of you that knew Ken, you will find lots of shared memories of why Ken was one of the most important dealers that the Magic community has ever had. He had impact on the greats of today. For those of you that did not have the honor of knowing or dealing with Ken, you will find "gold dust" in gems of philosophy that will make your Magic better.

Do not hesitate to purchase this book from Steve Cook (You can find him lurking around the Café). While you will not learn any new tricks, you will enjoy the memories of those that "loved" Ken. Additionally, you will learn how to make your Magic valuable for those that are in your audience.

Respectfully,

Paul Green
martinkey
View Profile
Regular user
Tadmarton, Oxon, UK
129 Posts

Profile of martinkey
A agree. It is a very well-produced book (top quality paper and dustcover, hard-bound) and rather than being a mawkish load of homilies to Ken it has some beautiful and some very funny anecdotes, great information on performing commercial magic for "normal" people, a very interesting essay by Steve Cook on how Ken developed his own view of the magic scene, lots of pictures of Ken and his environment - many that I have never seen, and overall the book is a wonderful read. Even the potted biographies and pictures of the contributors (and there are many) are fascinating. For those who knew Ken it is a must-buy and for those who wonder what they missed this book explains the real magic of Ken Brooke (without a trick in sight). And I enjoyed Paul's contribution.
Martin
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
164 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
Hi All,

I just finished the book and it is excellent. I felt like I was back at The Studio with a whole bunch of people who knew Ken much better than I did. You get a real sense of the man and his contributions to the world of magic. You won't learn any tricks, but lots of valuable tips and information about performing. Plus lots of great stories about Ken and many other noted magicians. This is a must have for any magician.

Marc DeSouza
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
I have recently received this very well made book, and am really looking forward to reading it. I never had the honor of meeting Ken, so I hope this will give me an insight into this fantastic man's life.
Ste
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Where can one obtain this book? I have the 2 previous books about Ken Brooke and I also want this one.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
martinkey
View Profile
Regular user
Tadmarton, Oxon, UK
129 Posts

Profile of martinkey
Dear Per,
'Legend' is available only directly from Steve Cook himself in a limited, signed edition. His email is steve.cook243@ntlworld.com. He takes PayPal. The price is £35 post paid in UK, £38 post paid in Europe and £45 post paid in USA/Canada, Asia and Australia.
Kind regards,
Martin
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Many thanks to all those mentioned above for your very kind comments about my book
on Ken Brooke - much appreciated. Bless you. Most kind regards, Steve.
"Any form of entertainment only exists because it corresponds to a particular moment in time". (Orson Welles). I sincerely hope you enjoy reading about 'Ken's TIME'.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22923 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2008-04-09 14:50, martinkey wrote:
Dear Per,
'Legend' is available only directly from Steve Cook himself in a limited, signed edition. His email is steve.cook243@ntlworld.com. He takes PayPal. The price is £35 post paid in UK, £38 post paid in Europe and £45 post paid in USA/Canada, Asia and Australia.
Kind regards,
Martin

Tried the email address and it seems it is not correct!
martinkey
View Profile
Regular user
Tadmarton, Oxon, UK
129 Posts

Profile of martinkey
Dear wmhegbli,
That was the correct email address last time I used it. You can PM him of course (see message above yours).
Kind regards,
Martin
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1624 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Coming soon Die-Abolical by Steve Cook.

http://www.magicfact.com
http://www.tonycurtismagic.com

Tony Curtis
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1624 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
The correct email address for Steve Cook is steve.cook243@ntlworld.com with no dot after com.

Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2008-06-11 18:01, wmhegbli wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-09 14:50, martinkey wrote:
Dear Per,
Kind regards,
Martin

Tried the email address and it seems it is not correct!
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
The price of 'Legend' has risen due to higher publication costs - PM me for details. Many thanks and kind regards, Steve.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1147 Posts

Profile of caigy
This terrific publication has now been limited to a Worldwide run of just 285 copies, signed and numbered by the author.

“I truly believe that your work has resulted in a unique masterpiece” (Bob Ostin)

“Fabulous and moving… the great, dear man comes to life” (John Fisher)

“The most magical book I’ve read with no tricks in it!” (Gaetan Bloom)

We have a few remaining copies direct from Steve Cook here at:

http://www.thegrismerlock.com/legend-steve-cook-p-286.html

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
https://virya-uk.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Legend: An anecdotal tribute to Ken Brooke (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL