We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dan Sperry is releasing a New DVD on Doves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jasanchez
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of jasanchez
I can't wait to see it. I pre-ordered mine two weeks ago. Hopefully, I will get it this week. He teaches his awesome sleeve toss. I would have to say he has the best sleeve toss. On this DVD, he also teaches how to train your doves to fly back. I heard he used new birds in his show after just training them for 8 days.

Dan, If you read this, can you tell us more about the new DVD?
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Ok, I just got my birds. You're telling me that you can train your birds to fly back in just over a week??? I'm trying to get mine to just walk up my arm. I'll wait for a review...sounds exciting, though.

Junior
J Rodriguez
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Here are a few links to the teaser videos I put out on YouTube...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Zygn2q0WSJA

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=cXMzOSA6xUA

Pretty much, it's the companion to the Deja Vu notes I used to sell at my lectures and now through Murphy's, but I've discontinued the notes and put it all on DVD now so you're learning in real time what I taught in the booklet. But you see it live, every day, backstage with me as I train the birds. Then, in addition, I teach 3 toss productions, 2 sleeve productions, and 1 holder toss production.

Bear in mind, birds are like people and learn differently. This was just my method of training, and I got lucky with the birds I had. I had had them for awhile, but they were merely back-ups that I had "just in case" I had to swap them out for my main birds. They were pretty tame already, so I think that helped, but it went to show you can teach an old dog new tricks...

PS...Yeah, we ended up being about a week behind on production because of Easter, and I had friends that popped into town so I got set back about 5 days on working on the DVD... They're done now and in the process of getting copied; should be all set to go out tomorrow (Monday), fingers crossed - Tuesday at the latest...
DANSPERRY.COM
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
So, Dan, is it out yet?? I'd love to own a DVD! Does it include your entire act as well? It'll sure be cool to see it. The one on YouTube isn't the best resolution...
Amyxdove
View Profile
Regular user
Andy Amyx
143 Posts

Profile of Amyxdove
Thanks, Dan, for putting my dove from balloon on your video! I told you it's really killer. Takes a bit of work, but it is really worth it.

Andy Amyx
Andy Amyx

www.andyamyx.com
sperris
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 14:00, Amyxdove wrote:
Thanks, Dan, for putting my dove from balloon on your video! I told you it's really killer. Takes a bit of work, but it is really worth it.

Andy Amyx

I'm sorry, who are you?
DANSPERRY.COM
sperris
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 04:49, Kyle^Ravin wrote:
So, Dan, is it out yet?? I'd love to own a DVD! Does it include your entire act as well? It'll sure be cool to see it. The one on YouTube isn't the best resolution...

Hi Kyle,

The first few pre-orders went out today. You should be able to get it from your local magic shop within the next few weeks, or you can get it off my site right now... Nope, doesn't have the full act - for certain reasons. That's why the one on YouTube is at such a low resolution. Gotta always leave them wanting more, haha, but I guarantee you there is plenty of other goodies on the DVD to entertain you, even if you don't like the actual content from me, haha...

dan

Ok, kidding, Andy. Yeah, Andy gave me the dove in balloon idea for the DVD. Originally, I had a different version of dove in balloon with a toss/pop thing, but it wasn't as cool as this one. The outtakes of me trying to do it are probably worth the price of the DVD itself. haha
DANSPERRY.COM
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Congrats on the new DVD. The magic world really needs some new and updated videos for Dove magic.

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

I almost fell off my chair laughing.

Dan, you should mention the price and provide a link to purchase your DVD, as
well as a breakdown of the contents.

Steven
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I second that!
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
I will help Dan Sperry out on the DVD info:

http://dansperry.com/store/index.htm

He has a special for just $ 25.00 for this week only thru Friday.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
If that flyback training works so well in such a short period of time, I think that's an amazing price. I'm working with some new birds right now so I think I will try this on a couple of the birds and see how it goes. I'm really curious about the methods he came up with because obviously, his birds are very well trained, and that training really does show in his performances.

Funny story...
I was in vegas last year and my girlfriend and I saw his act. My girlfriend turns to me and says "Wow his birds are just way better than yours." hahaha I was like yeah thanks. Its funny because she didn't say that about Rick Thomas Birds, or Lance Burtons, nope... Only Dan Sperrys birds are "just way better than mine".

:)

Steven
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Just ordered this item. Gotta be great stuff!
jasanchez
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of jasanchez
Hi Guys

I just finish watching, Dan sperry's new video I have one word for it AWESOME!!!!!

I know a lot a people are not going to agree with me but I like the way he teaches his methods, is not yor classic dove video because is not boring I was laughing trew the whole video an don't take it as bad thing its just his style its unique an different, you learned A lot, I can actually say this is one of the video that thought me new things that I did not know and I been doing dove magic for about three years.

I just want say thanks Dan for the amazing video and keep doing what you do.

P S: I cant wait for the next DVD.

Dan Sperry you Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

Jasanchez
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Any more reviews? I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail.
J Rodriguez
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hey All ~

The Dan Sperry DVD is a wonderful addition to any dove workers collection. Excellent information provided by a true first class performer. I have been a Sperry fan since I first saw his performance at Abbotts many years ago and it is amazing in that he only gets better! Buy the DVD,,,,you won't be disappointed!

Tony
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I recieved the dvd over the weekend and wow...great info from a great guy and the dvd is not only informative but extremeley entertaining...the outakes alone are worth the price of the dvd...i agree with Tony, its a must for any dove worker...you not only learn how to train your doves to return flight, Dan even teaches you some killer effects to add to your routine.

thanks Dan for sharing your knowledge with us.

Junior
J Rodriguez
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I've placed my orders a week ago...and I'm still waiting...Done any shipments to singapore Dan?? I got the dvd, book and variety color leg bands... the promo teaser looks good by the way...
sperris
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Yep, I did. But uh yeah, you're in Signapore, not Illinois. Have patience there Brandon. Lee it's on its way.
DANSPERRY.COM
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
SIGN a PORE??? HAHA
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Just ordered my copy of Dan's DVD and I am anxious to learn the ways of Sperry. Now if I can just get my hair and makeup right, I'll be set! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dan Sperry is releasing a New DVD on Doves (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL