We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » MLB 2008 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
This is the last year for Shea and Yankee Stadium.
I don't think many people are shedding tears over Shea.
Most Met fans I know acknowledge that it's a dump and are looking forward to the new stadium while most Yankee fans
want to keep the original Yankee Stadium.

What's the latest on Zell and Wrigley?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 02:25, gaddy wrote:
You're still talking about that? You must not have a lot on your plate. That pitch was more than 48 hours ago. There have been about 12 games played and 2 games postponed since then. Do you even watch baseball? Or is jumping on this thread just another, yet another, soapbox for you?

OK, guess what, whatever it is you're trying to get from me, I admit it! Why not.

Does that make you feel superior?

Disingenuous? That's me! Heck, that's my middle name! Bush getting booed better than Clinton not showing up and curing lepers! You know it! This WHOLE thread just another excuse for me to spread my insidious anti-Bush agenda? You bet! My secret feelings that Ryan Zimmerman's walk off homer was really just a zionist plot? I admit it! Guilty, Guilty, GUILTY!

With all that out of the way, and "lobowolfxxx" the clear and obvious ideological "winner"... Now, maybe NOW we can talk about baseball.

Or maybe we should re-hash this yet again..

I don't really care about the obviously political Bush aside; it was just the smarmy this-thread-isn't-about-politics" when it got followed up on that bot amused me and set off my BS detector. But I am, indeed, a baseball fan. Much as I'd like to see an NL victory (particularly a Mets or Reds victory), I find it hard to pick against the Red Sox to repeat. Unforunately, my head goes against my heart (though I'm happy to see someone else's Mets prediction).

So, come on Gaddy...one baseball fan to another...who's your team, and who do you expect to see with the rings in October?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3250 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 23:54, gaddy wrote:
Whatever.

In Chicago we usually ask ourselves "Just how far will the White Sox make it before they blow it". Well today it was all the way to the second inning (2-7), and then again in the bottom of the eighth (7-10)...

In San Francisco we were wondering if the Giants will score a run this entire series in LA -there's actually a good chance they won't...

My prediction didn't pan out- they actually managed to score 2 runs in 4 games... Man, those Giants suck out-loud this year!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3250 Posts

Profile of gaddy
"The Associated Press just did a study of baseball's contracts and found that the Yankees third baseman (Alex Rodriguez) makes more than the entire roster of the Florida Marlins combined.

Not by a little, either. "

With about 6 million $ to spare, apparently...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
Pedro Martinez was injured in last nights game. I'm not giving up on them yet but that hurts.

Should be a great race between the Phils, Braves and Mets.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I predict the Texas Rangers will be at least 18 games back by mid season.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Angels ANGELS ANGELS!!

Tori Hunter (and the RALLY MONKEY) get them past the sox and amother World Series Ring for the 2nd time in 6 years.

GO ANGELS!!
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Hopefully the Jays can keep pace with Yanks and BoSox.

It is a long season and injurie scan sure throw a wrench intothe plans... Pedro anyone?

Hopefully we can have a season of good ball.. I am so sick of Mitchell report, Steroids and Barry bonds.
One of the greatest memories of my youth was the Reds & A's in the early 70's.
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3250 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Me too Dawg. Did you know that the Giants have removed all extraneous references to Bonds, and his home run record, at "Candlestick" Park? Harsh...

I'm still nostalgic for the late 70's Cubs and the early 80's White Sox...
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3250 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Ok, THIS is just plain weird!

"Hawk swoops from Fenway Park railing, attacks girl on school tour"

BOSTON (AP)—A 13-year-old girl touring Fenway Park on a school trip was attacked by a resident red-tailed hawk that drew blood from her scalp Thursday.

She wasn’t seriously hurt, but some observers saw an omen for a certain New York Yankees slugger in the attack at the home of the Boston Red Sox. The girl’s name is Alexa Rodriguez.

Vince Jennetta, a teacher who chaperoned her class trip from Memorial Boulevard Middle School in Bristol, Conn., told The Boston Globe that Alexa is “a little shaken, but OK.”

The hawk was perched on a railing in the upper deck behind home plate while the group toured the stadium. The hawk flew at the girl and swooped with its talons extended, scratching her scalp.

A single egg lay in the hawk’s nearby nest in an overhang near the stadium’s press booth.

The nest and egg were removed at the direction of state wildlife officials.
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
Weird story......Girls named Becky Dent should take heed.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3250 Posts

Profile of gaddy
HAR HAR HAR!
Lash
View Profile
Regular user
Lansing, MI
161 Posts

Profile of Lash
I'll be pleased if my REDS can finish at the top of the NL Central. Their pitching is much improved and they have the offensive power. Let's see what they can do.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Cardinals all the way!!

and gaddy, its not candlestick where they play now, its at&t park. candlestick is where the 49ers play, badly. BUt I'm glad they took away all the bonds stuff. Just went to a game the other day and though, this is the first non-bonds giants game I've been to in 10 or so years.

kevin
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Lash
View Profile
Regular user
Lansing, MI
161 Posts

Profile of Lash
Uh oh Kevin, looks like we've got an NL Central rivalry going on here. Ha!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » MLB 2008 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL