The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » What is the best MP3 player for shows? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I am planning to buy a new music player for my shows.

What is the best and most reliable MP3 player to use nowadays? Is it an Ipod, Itouch, creative or what? I use a Fender Passport 250 watts. But if there is a better sound system in the venue, that's what I hook my player and mic into.

I am not familiar with the latest gadgets lately, please help me out. I also would like to know the costs of each if possible. Thanks!
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Lou:

There has been a lot of discussion about different music players on this forum. If you do a search you will find it.

There seems to be several makes and models that work very well. Personally, I use an Mp3Tech from Kerry Pollock and I highly recommend it. It is about a $1000 and worth every penny.

Doug
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
And the iCue2 is less than $500 right now.

Steve
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I already have the Virtual Soundman. I don't use it because I have a soundman to control my music. I just want to know what music player most of you are using right now.
I am still using my MD or CD player. I plan to upgrade soon.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
I'm using an Ipod Nano for my shows, it works well in my peavey escourt and I think its versatile and also fits your Fender Passport 250. you can also store a lot of songs in the ipod and separate them by folder to be organize, much easier to look for a group of songs you wish to be played rather than using a cd that can have scratches when used.
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
I am an Ipod Nano user also. Works for me.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
CCPCris
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
280 Posts

Profile of CCPCris
Ihave a cheap one that I got from my mom and dad for my birthday, I just plug it into my laptop with my set list prerorded. the laptop is connected to the sound system sometimes
making the unreal, real...really!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » What is the best MP3 player for shows? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL