The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magicopolis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..14~15~16 [Next]
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Let us the air date for that and keep up the great season at magicopolis!
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
That is terrific Steve. Now, for once, I wish I had TV hook up. I look forward to some clips.

Dr. Solar
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
The show Steve is TERRIFIC! Thank you so much for giving me a special invite, as well as my guest. She still talks about that table of spikey death illusion you closed your show with. She said it's given her nightmares! Of course my favorite bit was the toilet paper balls over the shoulder gag, loved it! Way to go!

keep it up man! I look forward to coming again sometime!
cairo
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of cairo
One of the great pleasures of travel is bringing it all back home, a thought I recently had while eating fish tacos with my friend Bill. The intense flavor of the mango salsa on the tacos transported me back to when Bill and I ate fish tacos with mango salsa before seeing the show at Magicopolis last November. One more bit if evidence that food and friends and magic and travel go hand in hand.
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Hello Steve,

Just wanted to say thank you again for an amazing show last Saturday. My wife and I really enjoyed it. You are really working way too hard. You could do half the stuff that you did in one show and it be more than worth the admittance. But we had a great time since it was my first day off in about a month and my wife let me come to see you perform. You really made it a great day for both of us. Really if anyone is in the area its a must see show!

But one question,
How did the roll of TP get stuck in the roof?

The 3D Movie is coming nicely, had a great, but long, productive day today. Thank the Lord! lol

Thanks again looking forward to coming back and hanging out at the show.

Best,
Bradley
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
Before barbeque and fireworks, I want to take a moment on this day off to play catch-up on the Café.

Bradley - Great meeting you and your lovely wife. Congratulations on your move to LA and your gig as a skilled editor on a bigtime animated 3D feature.

Cairo - I also enjoy fish tacos with mango salsa.

Draven - Good to have the endorsement of a powerful and insightful critic such as yourself.

Solar - No need to hook up the tv.

UFO - Last I heard the show airs sometime in August, I'll post the date when available.

Thanks one and all for your continued interest in me and Magicopolis. Your comments tickle my fancy and feed my ego - and who among us doesn't enjoy being tickled and fed? When I think about the privilege of doing my own show in my own theater since 1998, and I do think of it as a privilege, I feel grateful, and I feel a sense of fulfillment. If you are reading this, you are cordially invited to Magicopolis to laugh with me while I laugh at myself. I may be the fool but I'm the fool in charge.

http://www.magicopolis.com
Latig0
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Latig0
I´ve been staying in L.A for three months but recently I had the pleasure to see the show at Magicopolis. It is refreshing to see a show that is so complete: sleight of hand, mentalism, comedy, skits and grand illusions.
I think my favorite trick was the vanishing lady.
I met Bozena, Steve and the rest of the crew. They were super nice. We talked tricks and swapped moves after the show.
I met the creator of the flourish named ´under pressure´ there too.
Also the theater is beautiful and David Bowie signed his autograph on one of the walls!!
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
I am not sure that there is such a word as shmuckery, but if there isn’t, I will be happy to contribute it to Webster or whoever is in charge of dubious acquisitions for the dictionary. Shmuck is part of the title of a new movie and it is used in impolite society to designate someone who does nincompoopy things. For a good part of my life, I have been an active member of that discipline.

I was just informed, by ELEONORA BARNA, friend, co-star, and employee of the month, that having a Magicopolis “group” page on FB is an act of shmuckery and is lame because it does not allow all the way-cool interactive technology offered on a Magicopolis “fan” page on FB. For that reason, and the fact that ELEONORA BARNA is lovely and talented, I implore you to join the brand spanking new, ELEONORA BARNA designed Magicopolis fan page here on FB. This is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Santa-M......axpipe=1
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
Experience little people, little dogs, and a little magic, on cable TV this Saturday night. Witness the Magicopolis episode of PIT BOSS - August 28 / 10PM Animal Planet. The mundane and boring parts have been eliminated for your entertainment pleasure.
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
I'm getting a big group together to see the show Sat Oct 30 at 8pm, the night before Halloween. Any Café magicians who want to join us PM me. We'll be getting together for dinner somewhere before the show.
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
Awesome... I was just looking for a show to take my girlfriend when I stumbled on this thread. Nice to see a local show that doesn't charge an arm and a leg (*cough* magic castle), especially on a college student's budget.
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
Mavericklancer, hope to see you at one of our upcoming performances, be sure to identify yourself as I love meeting Café members. Even if you are not a student, the economy is struggling, your 401K is on life support and the unemployment rate is competeing with your credit card interest rate. What you really need is a few laughs and surprises, Magicopolis is here to provide that every Fri 8pm, Sat 2pm & 8pm, Sun 2pm. http://www.magicopolis.com
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/magicopolis
Producers from NYC coming to LA end of the week to shoot short portraits of different personalities for an NBC documentary called "I Am..." As part of the Steve Spill segment they will be filming our Saturday October 23 / 8pm performance of Escape Reality here at Magicopolis in Santa Monica.
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
I just copied and was about to paste and it's already here. Thanks for the post Noble1.
mwolfire
View Profile
New user
Mark Wolfire
91 Posts

Profile of mwolfire
Just got back from the Magicopolis show in Santa Monica, CA. What a fabulous show all for $22.00! Really, go see it, bring friends, you will love it.
Mark
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
I'm trying to organize a caravan to Magicopolis with a friend from Santa Cruz, myself, connecting with three friends in the LA area within a couple of weeks. I expect a terrific night of magic and 4 of those going have never been there. I'll give a heads up on a date to you Steve. Looking so forward to a return visit. Always enjoyable. My daughter is still talking of the impossibilities seen last time.

Doc
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I was in LA this past weekend, and went to Magicopolis with some friends. If you know me you know how picky (OK read snob) I am about good magic. Well, Steve Spill and his crew gave us one heck of an entertaining show.

His lovely assistant with her charming accent was a joy to see, she was funny and sensitive, and has mastered the art of magic with some beauty.

Steve was funny and proficient as the head of the troupe. The simple lovely, and themed Levitation was just perfect, and his tossed out deck as well thought out. One of the best moments was his Miser’s Dream done with a cooking pan and large spoon, very fun and inventive too.

If you’re in the LA area and have done the Magic Castle, then Magicopolis is a fresh alternative, in a great theatre space, a period bar, and a friendly staff, it’s also easy on the wallet. When you’re there say hi to Steve for me!

Magically,
Walt
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
Thank you Mark Wolfire for your praise. Thanks as well to Dr. Solar for organizing your Magicopolis caravan, to Noble1 for your kind comment and youtube post, and to Walt Spellbinder for bringing your posse and posting the feedback. I think that brings me up to date here, hope to meet more Café members in the months ahead. Thank you one and all for your interest. Daily doings on our FB page: http://www.facebook.com/steve.spill#!/magicopolis - Still a few tickets left for our big New Year’s Eve show: http://www.magicopolis.com - Happy Holidays!
rhiro
View Profile
Regular user
Southern California
182 Posts

Profile of rhiro
My wife and I visited Magicopolis this past Saturday night and had a lot of fun. The show has a nice balance, with some great stage illusions, comedy bits, dramatic pieces, and even some close-up. (Well, at least from our front row center seats! Score!) Steve is very funny, and Olga is enchanting. My wife especially loved Olga's performance of "Starcle."

Steve was very busy that night, but still took time to chat with us after the show. He's a cool guy.

I'm glad to see that Magicopolis is still thriving after all these years. Please tell your friends about it!

Ross
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magicopolis (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL