The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Whodunit by Randi Rain On the HP site (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
"Four spectators are asked to help with a murder mystery story, and each spectator is given a large envelope. The magician then shows four large cards. Three of the cards say "innocent" and one says "guilty." They are mixed, and each spectator is asked to select one while the magicians back is turned. Each spectator selects one and places it in their envelope. The magician then turns back around and begins to talk about psychic investigators. The magician then motions over to each envelope, but comes up with nothing; showing that psychics are totally bogus. So now the magician decides to use evidence, intelligence, and science know-how. The magician pulls out a CSI-looking spray bottle and sprays each spectator's hand. The spectators' hands are then placed on a piece of paper. Nothing happens except for the guilty one, who makes a red handprint! This is all done with a great comedy patter that will have your audience amazed and amused." Anyone seen this yet, Randi always has a interesting way of looking at magic as evidenced by her posts here. This might me lots of fun. Phil
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
It's pretty snazzy, the method is very clever, straight forward, and darn near fool proof.

Being a comedy worker I've been working on re-writing the routine to make it more straight forward and combining the psychic and the csi into one shoot through, but this is a good routine. The red hand print and the method of discovery can be adapted to a zillion different tricks and with all the playing and back and forth I've been doing with it I have a feeling I may wind up with a different trick entirely. That is also the cool thing about this trick. It comes with a ready to go routine and premise. You can plug it in and look like a superstar. BUT Randi also left plenty of room to maneuver if you like and take the trick in a completely different direction.

I love this thing, and even though it is a work in progress at the moment, it will be going into the act at some point in some way shape or form.

Thanks Randi!

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Thanks Phil for showing some interest.
I have sold a few things through Hocus Pocus.
They are really great, and Whodunit was on the Best Seller list for a little while.
I know HP sells a lot over seas and a lot to the pros, but I really don't know who has bought them.
Because I haven't seen a review on here yet, until now with Danny.

But I think Danny says it the best.

It's a very easy trick to do.
No angle issues what so ever.
Can be done close up or stage.
It gets a lot of people involved and is ready made for comedy or serious bizarre type work.
And again, like Danny says...
It can easily be reworked to make a whole new trick.
Because after all it is a rework of a Tony Shields effect that was turned into something totally different.

Randi
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
A very well thought out presentation.

Yes, the effect doesn’t seem to be restricted to just one suggested trick.

May I kindly ask: Besides the cards & envelopes, what does the package contain?

(I mean, is everything included in the package to perform the trick or do I need to provide anything? Will I need replacements later?)

Very nice & interesting effect!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On 2008-06-24 23:19, Ustaad wrote:
A very well thought out presentation.

Yes, the effect doesn’t seem to be restricted to just one suggested trick.

May I kindly ask: Besides the cards & envelopes, what does the package contain?

(I mean, is everything included in the package to perform the trick or do I need to provide anything? Will I need replacements later?)

Very nice & interesting effect!

Smile

Fair questions...

You get...
4 cards and 4 envelopes... and let me say.. these are not just pieces of paper. They are made from foam core poster board, laminated with stock paper, and clear coated. They should last for quite awhile.
1 hand printing card... also made from foam core board.
1 spray bottle
1 psychic charm
And instructions with presentation.

You will need to buy one thing, but you can get it at any grocery store and a year supply will cost about $1.

A coupon does come with the effect to replace the hand printing board.
You shouldn't ever need it, but just in case there is a free replacement.

Randi
georgecoolla
View Profile
New user
Canada
80 Posts

Profile of georgecoolla
That sounds like a nice deal, I'll look into it too. By the way, where else is the pk ring dvd package or download availible? I mean 4 units as 1, because HP sells them seperately, so I am just wondering.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Perfect!

Randi, Thank you so much for answering my questions in detail.

This one is on my want list.

Thank you (once again!).

With best wishes.

Kind regards,

Narendra

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
George...
I sold the effects to World Magic Shop. I don't sell them any more. You can only get them on the the DVDs.

Ustaad...
Great! and you are very welcome.

Randi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Whodunit by Randi Rain On the HP site (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL