We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Appearing a rabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
alfredini
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl, USA - Maracaibo, Venezuela
32 Posts

Profile of alfredini
Im about to start performing at kids parties again and I don't have anything to appear a rabbit in. Any suggestion of boxes or where I can buy them? I sa one that is like a cage and it has a cilinder in it and I relaly wanted that one but I don't knwo where to get it.
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
If you use a table, you might consider using some white silks and a white rabbit bag to lighten your load. Rabbit goes into the bag and hangs on the back of your table.

I used to carry a mirror box with me, but this method I like better... Less stuff to carry. The rabbit hangs in the rabbit bag behind your table. Produce some silks
then go to your table to get a magic wand or whatever. Steal the bag into the bunch of silks with one hand while you get the magic wand with the other hand. Instant rabbit, and no heavy or bulky boxes.

Thomas Clark, a magic Café member sells rabbit bags. I highly reccomend them.

http://www.magicsax.com to contact Thomas.

If your still sure you want a box or apparatus type production... The cylinder rabbit production you were talking about is sold by Dazzling Magic.

Hope this helps...

Steven
mrmagic9112
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of mrmagic9112
I have used a Circus Wagon production for a rabbit, I have also used a bunny box which has a panel that you pretend to draw a rabbit on a chalk board panel and inset it to a box and it turns into a live bunny, The one I curently use for kid's shows is a 3d TV. looks like a tv and a rabbit appears. All of these can be obtained from any magic dealer. Hope that helps.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
My favorite is Abbott's Elusive Bunny Box.

Good luck!

Regan
Mister Mystery
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I use gene elmo test tube bunny.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Circus Wagon...Im planning to work with the "Doves to Rabbit" Powells model
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2008-04-02 10:41, alfredini wrote:
Im about to start performing at kids parties again and I don't have anything to appear a rabbit in. Any suggestion of boxes or where I can buy them? I sa one that is like a cage and it has a cilinder in it and I relaly wanted that one but I don't knwo where to get it.

As usual, everyone is telling you their favoprite methods of producing a rabbit rather than answering the question you asked.

I am guessing that the prop you are interested in is a Square Circle - bars in front and a cylinder. You can see one here:

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=LB4408

It is not the best design for producing a rabbit, especially if your rabbit is big. Most square circles are designed to be tall and narrow, while rabbits like to sit short and spread out. However, if you build your own square circle, you can make it fit your rabbit perfectly. We have several plans for Square Circle type designs on the Magic Nook, including the "WAH Production Box" (The Wizards' Journal #10).

A more comfortable design intended for a rabbit is Jim Gerrish's "Chocolate Bunny Box" fropm his Hardboard and Duct Tape Magic Book 1, or his "Magic House of Mystery" from Book 2 (both on my site).

I hope this answers your question.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
There is a new Square Circle Rabbit production currently listed on e-Bay. I am not familiar with the manufacturer.

Good luck.

Max
alfredini
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of alfredini
Thanks for your help. I've been thinking of getting the balloon to rabbit production box. Does anybody own this, or has anyone worked with this? And in which online store can I purchase any of the products that you mentioned? thanks
alfredini
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of alfredini
I've done a lil' research, and I found out about that TV box. I think it's called Ken Scott's 3d TV. I've tried to find it online, but haven't been able to. Any ideas where to look at?
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Ken Scott's TV Production can be found here. Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
mrmagic9112
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of mrmagic9112
You can find the 3d tv at http://www.kenscottproducts.com The circus wagaon and other productions for rabbits can be found at almost any magic shop or on line magic dealer. Hope this helps!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
The Elusive Bunny Box that I mentioned is available exclusively at Abbott's.

http://www.magicgettogether.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Looks interesting... The concept with the handkerchief, etc., works for me. Regan, you work with this apparatus??? If you do, what is your opinion?
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Hansel,

I currently own 6 rabbit production devices, and the Elusive Bunny Box is my favorite.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
WOW,that shows this it good! Well Abbots go to the IBM/SAM Comb.Convention...if Abbots have the apparatus I consider to get it!
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
The 3D TV box is available on sale frequently at Daytona Magic, which has a lot of the wood production boxes (including the Blammo). My personal favorite is Barry Mitchell's Presto Production Cage, which looks like a rabbit cage and instantly produces the rabbit. I would be wary that the dove bags listed at the top of the topic may not be big enough for most rabbits, and also rabbits like to have flat ground below them. I don't think I'd put mine in a bag . . .

Another good one is the Rabbit Wringer (also at Daytona, and if you wait for one of their sales, you can get at 30-40 percent off - Hank Lee and Hocus Pocus also carry some of these).
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
357 Posts

Profile of magicone
I used to produce my rabbit out of a very large hat, but now "snowball" is too big!

I just switched to a circus wagon and a chalet balloon to bunny. Much nicer not having to worry about the bunny popping out of my lefler table before it was time.

Also I'm not holding the rabbit as the children frantically jump up and down screaming they want to pet it. Smile (I say that with reverence)

Go with a box so your rabbit is safe and you'll keep your sanity.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
PULL IT OUT OF A HAT!!
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Barry Mitchell's is the best because it looks like a cage and instantly produces a rabbit. It is a true gasp-getter. All the rest look to "proppy." For audience participation, the Kablammo Box (balloon to rabbit) is a good one; the birthday kid can do the magic by putting the balloon in. Wolf's Magic has a version of this (The Funhouse) which is turbo-proppy, but is great because it has a cartoonish, "not taking itself too seriously" feel. I've never had a Circus Wagon, but I sold my Rainbow House (couldn't think of a sensible routine for it - the house changes color and then a rabbit comes out). I have the Rabbit Wringer, which is funny but underused in my rotation, and I sold the Enchanted Treasure Chest, which is also good for topical appearances (and uses sub trunk principle rather than trap/black art), but which I wasn't getting enough use from. I've had several, but always wind up packing the Presto Box (take it in open, tell the kids rabbit got away and produce it at the end after looking all over as running gag), or the Balloon to Rabbit for birthdays. I agree that the Square Circle is not really well suited to rabbits, and reiterate that rabbits do not like being suspended in bags. Give them firm ground (even in cramped, dark areas as long as there's air), and they're fine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Appearing a rabbit (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL