The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The All New Effect Called "The Dream"!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mentalv
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of mentalv
A mentalist is someone who doesn't produce a trick, but an effect on someones mind, heart, and spirit.

Besides all the gimmicked effects, This is the deepest effect of all time, An effect on Human culture

"I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

-DR. Martin Luther King JR

If no one has noticed yet, today marks the assassination of one of the worlds greatest and most influential Mentalists of all time. (Dr. Martin Luther King J.R.)

Today, April 4th, 2008 marks this 40th anniversary of his assassination, (Didn't know that, did you?)

No one has mentioned it out the entire day, so I thought id pay a tribute to this great man. (He really did have a dream after all).

Rest in peace Mr. King.

-MENTALV
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Nicholls
What a guy.
Close your eyes. Open your senses.
mentalv
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of mentalv
Yep, he was a remarkable man, I'd thought I post this now as I wont be around 2 morrow, he was a great man
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I have met his daughter, Bernice...she is amazing! I can only imagine how great her father was, and is!

Nathan
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Thank you for your thoughtful post and gentle reminder, Mentalv.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
mentalv
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of mentalv
No problem, A real inspiration
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Atlanta, GA
500 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
MENTALV,

How do you use mentalism to further the "DREAM"?

Peace.

NM
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
Wrong section.

This has nothing to do with mentalism.

How many are aware of King's opinion that Anti-Zionism = Anti-Semitism? Whilst I disagree with the statement, it's refreshing to see a religious man also standing up for the rights of another faith.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1403 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Kraze,

(shakes head)

Wow.

Half the post on this thread have nothing to do with mentalism.

Way to shoot somebody down. I hope you feel better. Maybe it has nothing to do with mentalism to you, but maybe it gives people like V and I (me) faith and hope to continue to perform. And to be completely honest, I read this before I went to work, talk about this in my show. Used it in my script. Also, I believe ( as do some of the other people here that posted) that V's reasoning was clear... " A mentalist is someone who dosent produce a trick, but an effect on someones mind, heart, and spirit. Besides all the gimmicked effects, This is the deepest effect of all time, An effect on Human culture"

Maybe you should read and comprehend before you try to shoot someone down. Get your facts straight.

V, I thank you for the post, and truly did talk about this in my show tonight. I understood the metaphor.

I thank you.

Bet that.

MD
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Bertrand Thornley
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
278 Posts

Profile of Bertrand Thornley
Kriskrase, I hope you know you are a gigantic doofus. Get yer head out of yer "bleep"
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business." Tom Robbins

Personal Revelation: I'm not a hippopotamus
Bertrand Thornley
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
278 Posts

Profile of Bertrand Thornley
Hey mentalv, where in tampa do you reside? I grew up on davis island. I'm going down there this weekend actually. I miss it. And thanks for the post. Any decent mentalist will tell you most of what makes it great has nothing to do with mentalism. But you obviously know that unlike Mr pseudo-smartypants contrarian up there.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business." Tom Robbins

Personal Revelation: I'm not a hippopotamus
mentalv
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of mentalv
Natural Mystic,

that's a real difficult question to answer, I use what I do,to place that positive energy in their minds,hearts, and souls, to give them that motivation, and inspiration to view life in a whole different way and to look deeper IN this book of life that we are now creating, I want to get them too look past all the negative energy in the world and focus on the things that are important, and things that will make the world a better place for us all. I think I am furthering the Dream one step at a time.

Much love
-Metalv

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 11:42am
Kriskraze, stop criticizing and show some respect, really, You need some positive energy,

Thanks XJESTERX, I really appreciate that, that's great, How did you show go bro?

Bertrand Thornley,

Thanx man, I actually live in Saint Petersburg, Florida. But nobody ever knows where that is, So I'm real close to Tampa. You should come Down to the Magic By the bay Convention Next Year, Eran Raven performed and many others, It was great this year!, right Xjesterx? lol

Right I agree, it's not about all the tricks, but the effect you produce on the audience and what they leave with, But some people have a FAILURE to see that

-Mentalv
scarnecky
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah
330 Posts

Profile of scarnecky
Thank you for this thread, and wonderful reminder.

Warmly

Scar
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
Wrong section again.

Why are you bringing this up here?

Great people have died on every day of the year.

This is a place for mentalism - not a place for commemorations.

Get you head out of your "bleep" as you so kindly put it, and realise that.
Tanis
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tanis
Sometimes, its only when someone reminds you, that you realise how great the dream was and still is, thank you.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1403 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Again Moron.

Re read the first post. He explains it. I know it may be hard for to get it through all that ignorance, but try.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Tanis
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tanis
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 16:08, kriskraze wrote:
Wrong section again.

Why are you bringing this up here?

Great people have died on every day of the year.

This is a place for mentalism - not a place for commemorations.

Get you head out of your "bleep" as you so kindly put it, and realise that.

without the likes of king many great performers would still be performing in small segregated venues,king was a catalyst he opened up so many avenues, let us not forget that
Tanis

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 4:18pm
Perhaps we could all learn a little humility
mentalv
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of mentalv
Thanx, I agree Tanis, We all could learn a little humility, especially this guy kriskraze.

Ignorant people like kriskraze make me SICK to my stomach and I truly mean that
iambest
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of iambest
Don't turn this in to a flame thread please =)
topandball
View Profile
Regular user
New England
132 Posts

Profile of topandball
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 11:31, mentalv wrote:
Natural Mystic,

that's a real difficult question to answer, I use what I do,to place that positive energy in their minds,hearts, and souls, to give them that motivation, and inspiration to view life in a whole different way and to look deeper IN this book of life that we are now creating, I want to get them too look past all the negative energy in the world and focus on the things that are important, and things that will make the world a better place for us all. I think I am furthering the Dream one step at a time.

Much love
-Metalv

I think this is wonderful, and it's exactly the direction I've been moving in with my crative work in mentalism and magic.
"Gamblin' Sam from Birmingham, I learned this game in Vietnam"
R.I.P. Haynes, the ORIGINAL "Gamblin' Sam"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The All New Effect Called "The Dream"!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL