The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bryn Reynold's The Safwan Papers (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..15~16~17 [Next]
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
I appreciate the comments, Aleksi!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I like "Or Whatever" as a title. If it's even half as good as TSP I'll be ordering it.

imagine":
"How do I find a review of Bryn's new book?
"Go to the Magic Café search box and type in WHATEVER".
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Whatever ...
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
I can only humbley echo all the positive comments about TSP. Top notch thinking and a refreshing witing style - packaged and put together by a real top-notch bloke.

Bryn - thanks again for all your help!
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
praetoritevong
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
139 Posts

Profile of praetoritevong
Bryn, like Withnail, I don't think there's much I could add to the torrent of praise you have already received, except to say that you deserve it, and that I loved TSP - Seven especially, appealing to my card magician roots.

Cheers
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
"Whatever"...lol

Has a ring to it! Thanks for the comments on The Safwan Papers, but I'm hopefully going to get to finish the "other one" sometime, and will keep in the "tradition" of naming it where it was refined.

I've been called away quite a bit regarding the training for this upcoming deployment, still working at the Sheriff's Office, and trying to get things buttoned up here at home for Deb for this winter and the next. I appreciate the eBook orders, and the offers of support. I wish I could get on here more often to say that...

I'm so glad some are still finding some value in TSP!

Thanks!
Bryn
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
All ordered print-version books will be in and shipped on Saturday.

After that, due to a military deployment, only the eBook version will be available. (Also, no other physical products will be available for some time.)

For the nest week, I'll be home and can email eBooks "on time." After that, it is hit-or-miss, with a couple weeks delay, perhaps. I am looking for a solution, or maybe the 2-week delay is the right answer...

Please checkout the link from Outlaw Effects if interested:
http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-......wan.html

I'll email all orders as soon as I possibly can! If you get a PDF file from some pirate satellite email hookup, it is me!

Also, please keep in touch, through here, email, ( diveteam@adelphia.net or cavscout19@hotmail.com ) or messages in a bottle!

Thanks, gentlemen!

Bryn
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
What can I say that not has been said before? I was the lucky one receiving the last printed edition. It is a fantastic book, no doubt one of the best I've ever read about mentalism. Alone "Seven" is worth far more than the price for Bryn's entire work. Simply a must read. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
churken
View Profile
Regular user
California
199 Posts

Profile of churken
I wanted to chime in here. I have said in previous posts how much I enjoyed The Safwan Papers, but I have found that it goes beyond that. I originally purchased in 2008 primarily for Seven. I have used Seven often since. But, I keep going back to The Safwan Papers and finding new and exciting ideas in its pages. BOHT and Lucky Nite are brilliant. One of the great values of the book are Bryn's insights to the art. I love reading the stories he tells on how and why these effects came to be.

I just made up the $4 billet index. I don't know why it took almost two years for me to do this. I guess I didn't have $4.00, but that's a different story. Anyway, I am already thinking of multiple routines that I do that this will be useful for.

In short, The Safwan Papers is one of the best investments I have ever made in our art. It ranks up there with my favorite five or so ebooks of all time. I know a lot of people have purchased this, but if you are not one of them do yourself a favor and get one quick.

Paul
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
Bryn - you are my hero!

Check your e-mail. I'll have a few gifts for you...
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
I agree. Stunning material.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Paul & Ben, thanks for the nice words....it means a lot!

David: Thanks - I look forward to them. Being in Afghanistan now, I certainly appreciate "care packages!!"

Thanks!
Bryn
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Here is my review:

Pdf file, 56 page e-book.

My favorites are BOHT ,Seven and Bank Nite. Ingeniuous ideas and bold and simple methods.
Bottle Cap Koran is a nice idea , but not for me really (when I read the title I think that it was a Gold Medallion kind - effect)
Himberstring is a nice "Bank Night" kind effect, but I don't have the necesary stuff to perform the effect.
And lastly the 4$ index is also very interesting, but I don't use index in my wallet ( I have already one in my SAW)

Rate : 8/10

Maybe a little more work in bookmarks and index in the ebook can be good , but the effects are great and also the ideas and subtleties.

Recommended.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Quote:
On 2010-07-16 09:06, Amirá wrote:
Here is my review:

Pdf file, 56 page e-book.

My favorites are BOHT ,Seven and Bank Nite. Ingeniuous ideas and bold and simple methods.
Bottle Cap Koran is a nice idea , but not for me really (when I read the title I think that it was a Gold Medallion kind - effect)
Himberstring is a nice "Bank Night" kind effect, but I don't have the necesary stuff to perform the effect.
And lastly the 4$ index is also very interesting, but I don't use index in my wallet ( I have already one in my SAW)

Rate : 8/10

Maybe a little more work in bookmarks and index in the ebook can be good , but the effects are great and also the ideas and subtleties.

Recommended.

If you like the idea of H*****string, but want a no gimmick approach, check out Colour-Ring: http://www.thaumaturgy.co.uk/shop/index.......Itemid=7

Bryn's Bank Night effect is the bees knees, the cats pajamas, the eels ankles if you will! I use it very often and always carry a few coin envelopes in my wallet. When in a group, it works brilliantly with a very loud paper shredder. Good fun!
Thaumaturge
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Nicholls
I can't sing the praises of this book enough. I bought it ages ago and couldn't find the time to read it. Recently went away for work and took the book with me on my ereader and couldn't put it down. I devoured the text two or three times in the week and just loved every page.

The writing style is perfect and the small insights into life on the front lines really helped me in imagining the situations these routines were created under. The backstory to BOHT had me grinning from ear to ear.

Congratualtions Bryn on the success your having with this book and may it continue long after the second installment is released. You deserve it.

Stay safe

Dan
Close your eyes. Open your senses.
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Dan,
Hope you don't mind me asking:

Since you mentioned an e reader.....what e reader do you own/use?

I've been considering purchasing an ereader for exactly the same reason; I would love to load and carry all my PDF's in a Nook or Kindle.

Mind sharing your thoughts and/or opinions?

It would be much appreciated!

Respectfully,
rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I have been negligent by failing to publicly give Bryn's "Safwan Papers" the praise it deserves. Bryn's approach to mentalism is thoroughly modern and innovative. His material is practical and well presented.It is creators like he who will define the future of our art.

But before you do that, Bryn, you need to stay safe. Thank you for your service!

Good thoughts,

Bob Cassidy
(CT2, USN 1968-1972)
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
I know I will be echoing what has been said many times, but so be it!

I had a chance to read this Ebook recently, and was very impressed!

Bryn's thinking is fantastic!

My favorite item has to be "Your Lucky Night", a devious approach to Bank Night, which makes it completely hands off. As I read the effect, I asked myself "HOW", and he only tips the 'real work' mid-way through the explanation...so I continued to ask "HOW?"...great thinking!

His $4 Billet Index is perfect to carry in your wallet (really perfect), and easy to make up...it may even increase in value someday (hopefully!).

Reading through his ideas, you can't help but ask yourself "how could no one have thought of that already?!"

What else can I say?! The entire collection is fantastic!

Nice work Bryn,

And as Bob said, be safe and thanks for your service!

(and thank you, Bob!)
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Nicholls
Hey rochaz,

The ereader I use is the Sony PRS-300 and I love it. Best thing I got last christmas. It can hold up to 350 ebooks (or so the ad says) and doesn't have a backlight so your eyes don't get tired.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/rd-reader-ebook/prs-300

Hope that helps

Dan
Close your eyes. Open your senses.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Bob,Dan,PMC,Rochaz, Dan, Christo, and Pablo:

Thanks so much for your kind words! Being in Afghanistan right now, I don't get as much internet time as I'd like to be able to participate here more, but is very nice to see that some are getting good use out of the material.

Thanks!
Bryn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bryn Reynold's The Safwan Papers (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL