The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » On The Spot vs. The Best of Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
wu tang
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC Canada
54 Posts

Profile of wu tang
I am interested in getting one of the sets of videos...which do you guys recommend I get???
thank you
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I would get both of them there is much to learn from either.
I'm a very big fan of both these magicians
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
JustAnotherMagi
View Profile
New user
Oak Canyon
79 Posts

Profile of JustAnotherMagi
It really depends on what type of magic you are looking for. In general though, there is no contest! The Very Best of Jay Sankey are as good as it comes!
"I am the best magician ever..."
-The Conceited Part of My Mind
ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
Get On The Spot.
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
I second On The Spot. Smile
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
These two sets of videos are very different. It is hard to compare the two. No doubt they are both excellent. I would get both, but if I had to pick one it would be the Sankey tapes. There is more to learn and it is just more fun in my opinion.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
I have never seen On the Spot but I can vouch that Jay Sankeys Best of DvD's are some of my fav! I use material from it almost always once a week.

I HIGHLY recomend these DvDs they are full of great, visual magic.

Take care,
Kyle
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
Sankey is great - you will not be dissapointed with what he offers on these videos.

Smile
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I have both, and I'd like to say they are different. How can we compare things with quite different perspectives? "On the Spot" is excellent, especially all of the tricks are impromptu! "Recap" is worth 100 bucks!

"The Very Best of Jay Sankey" aims at visual magic for LAYMEN, they are great things for layman. You have to try them out.

Both are Magicians' MUST HAVE. Just get them!

Hirase
In love with magic!
shoeman
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of shoeman
get both!
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
for me On the spot was a better investment...
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
I recently bought "The Very Best of Jay Sankey", but much preferred "Sankey's Secret Files".
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
My vote is for On The Spot by Sankey. Tons of ideas on there that you really can use. But, that's just my 2 cents.

Snidini
Alex Ng
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
62 Posts

Profile of Alex Ng
On the Spot is Great! Get it!
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
I'd definitely recommend On The Spot!!! I use so much material from there. Greg's tips and advice are amazing and i love how he teases the audience! Jay's stuff is cool too but i'd rate on the spot higher!
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
Wilson vs Sankey is impossible to choose between, both of them are HIGHLY powerful. I say get both and get Off the Cuff from Greg which has many repeats of the tricks, but since Off the Cuff is in a lecture environment, you get opinion of people asking stuff too. Go for all three!

- Alex

Smile
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
Depends on what your objective is. Sankey's material is always good, but it is mostly card effects. If you are a card guy, that would be the one to get.

Greg Wilson's On The Spot is about being 'on the spot' as a magician. When asked to perform when you do not have your cards, TT, coins, sponge balls etc.. with you. Truly impromptu effects.

I have not seen Jay Sankeys "Best of.." video, but what's good about Greg's On The Spot, is that you get to see how he plays off people's reactions as the performances are done in real world situations of a bar/resturant.

No fake audiences.

jr
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Quote:
On 2003-05-20 22:20, Snidini wrote:
My vote is for On The Spot by Sankey.

Huh? Smile

This sentence is a little bit confusing. Do you mean the Very Best of Jay Sankey or Greg Wilson's On the Spot?
philipi56
View Profile
Regular user
grand rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of philipi56
I just purchased On the Spot, and I love it. It is really great if you want to do impromtu stuff. Philip
theoldfort
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of theoldfort
I have never seen the best of Jay Sankey but On The Spot has a hot actress/model helping out which makes it very watchable. I can never quite focus on the tricks...

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » On The Spot vs. The Best of Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL