The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » On The Spot vs. The Best of Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Quote:
On 2003-05-20 22:20, Snidini wrote:
My vote is for On The Spot by Sankey.

I’d second that. The Very Best of Greg Wilson
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
I love On The Spot. greg is so funny when he performs his tricks to other people.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
They are both excellent but Sankey rules!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
On the spot for sure
Heavens to Mercitroids
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Heavens to Mercitroids
They both have a lot to offer. I just can't stand watching Sankey perform. I honestly shy away from his video products because of the way he acts.

This is such an old thread, I'm wondering which one you got wu tang??
When it's my time to shine.....The whole world is going blind.....From the Shiesty side of town.....Where a nickle costs a dime!
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Sankey lost if long time ago. On The Spot is excellent.
zatara
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of zatara
Depends on your personality. Greg Wilson's magic is amazing, would fool magicians and laymen. My recommendation.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I own both and I cannot reccomend one over the other. Both filled with usable material!! Get both if you can.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
On the spot if you want to fool your audience and other magicians. Sankey product if you want to be a clown.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
These are two completely different products. Greg's On The Spot is a crash course in performing impromptu magic. Jay's dvd's were a 'best of" at the time of release, but it's not impromptu magic. With Jay's, he's with an L&L audience and doing Sankey classics like @#X! ( later known as Paperclipped ).

On The Spot was produced as a two volume VHS set by Chris Smith when he owned MagicSmith. He sold the company and it was re-named "Penguin". They then transferred the videos to one DVD. The magic on it and Greg Wilson is amazing.

Just watch the demo, for those that don't know the dvd:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/466
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
I got more out of the Sankey set.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-05-21 03:16, Futureal wrote:
I got more out of the Sankey set.

No doubt. The Sankey set is great. chock full of great magic.

Greg's was an answer to people's dilemma "what if I'm asked to perform and have nothing on me".
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
I personally like Sankey's set more, but similar to Gary who posted earlier in the thread, I also like Sankey's Secret Files even more. I feel that some of the tricks in there are very clever, particular the medicine bottle trick (in Secret Files). I always get crazy reactions from the audience when I perform that one. Anyway, it's been a long while since I watched either Greg's On the Spot or Sankey's The Very Best, but somehow I remember Greg's requiring just a little bit more sleight of hand than Sankey's. On the other hand, I like how Greg uses a greater variety of different materials (napkins, marker, etc.) on his set than Sankey's, which are mostly cards, money, and matchbox. I also like the idea of being able to do something on the spot. Greg's video does equip you with that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » On The Spot vs. The Best of Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL