The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Help with routine using Manual Ultimate Sketch Pad (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Hi Guys,

I've got 2 volunteer kid shows coming up. One is for scouts, ages 9 to 11 and one is a birthday party for girls around 8. I just got the Manual Ultimate Sketch Pad and think it's great for kids and that they'll really like it. I've got the workings of a routine for the scouts sketched out but I'm having a little more trouble with the birthday party and was hoping for some help.

My idea for the scouts is to choose a scout to help me and 'sketch' him and then have the 'sketch' that is the scout help me with the trick. This will be my closer and I'm planning on doing a variation of Gazzo's Tossed Out Deck where the scouts choose cards from the deck and the 'sketch' then reads their minds about which cards they chose. Before the trick starts I'll do another trick that basically explains the suits and names of cards in case any of the boys don't know them and have the deck passed around to scouts who raise their hands because they understand the names and suits. I'm putting together a script where I'll interact with the sketch pad in a funny way. (I'll just talk out of the side of my mouth in a funny voice when the sketch pad is talking.)

I don't think this really works with the girls birthday party so I'm hoping to get other ideas for routines on that one. If anyone wants to also chime in with routines that could be used with the sketch pad for even younger kids, that would be great.

Thanks,
Mike
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Is this post in the right place or should it be in Secret Sessions?

Mike
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1153 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Mike,
Nope. This works. Your not giving away the method.

I too have this and was searching for routine ideas. I like your w/ the scouts.
Did you perform it for the b-day party?

I wish there was a forum on his website for this.

Mike
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2412 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I have the Axtell version and I start by showing about ten cards, they are pictures of animals and are larger than playing cards, the backs have the names of the animals in huge print and a little info on the animal, the audience never sees the backs, the routine is, I'm going to read someone's mind, then I ask a child to look at the pictures, I never say cards, and if I have 8 , I say pick a number 1-8 , I pull,out the card and ask if it is the one they want, once they pick an animal, I toss the cards and although I know the card, I pretend to read their mind and mis call a few times, then I use a lot of fun comedy stuff, like they are thinking they have to go to the bathroom etc. all appears to be not working so I tell the audience, I will come back to this, let me show you something different , I have been taking art lessons and I will now draw for you what I have been practicing for about a year now, I do a horrible but silly face, and it starts moving its eyes, then the mouth and it's calling me a name, it's the name of the selected animal, I have done this many times and it can last a long time with a ton of laughs. Or it can be as fast as you want.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Help with routine using Manual Ultimate Sketch Pad (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL