The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tony Andruzzi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4224 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On 2008-04-09 13:34, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
Philemon,

As Bill suggests I'd get some form of blessing from the family that is still around,
o you don't spin your wheels for nothing or end up in court,
particularly with a subject where fact and fiction so frequently blur.

That said, would you be looking for "Tom" trivia, "Tony" trivia, or both?

Paul Osborne worked with Tom as a teen helping him to build illusions and would be a good early source.

Magically,
Walt

(We’ll have to trade stories someday of what Max first said on meeting me.)

I will, of course, seek the blessing of Tony's surviving family. Smile

And ideally, I would like to cover the entire history of the man (as it's all fascinating); the Tom Palmer days, the Tony Andruzzi days, and even the Timmy McGuire days.

I think we should try to get as much down on paper, before it's too late...
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4224 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-04-09 14:14, magus wrote:
A brief look on the internet yielded some information. I put the addresses so you can look for yourself.

Thank you for posting this info. It'll make for a fascinating section in the book! :-D
That Creepy Magician
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of magicusb
Wow! When I mentioned this Kennedy rumor, did not expect it to grow this way. Anyone have anything else to add?

Dick Brooks
Check out http://HoudiniOpoly.com

Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show.
Only building in the world dedicated to Houdini.
http://Houdini.org
http://HoudiniDisplays.com
http://PsychicTheater.com
Scranton, Pa (570) 342-5555
"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

We are thrilled we were able to bring The Grim Game to the world! Thanks TCM.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Back in days of the SHADOW NETWORK (distributed via snail-mail), a network member was working on this very type of book about Tony and was looking for contributions about personal experiences with him. I don't know how far along the book got and I never heard anything else about it. I would have to sift through an inch thick stack of NETWORK letters to be sure but I believe the member's name was Terry Nosek. It would be interesting to try and track it down and see what has been collected/researched/written already.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4224 Posts

Yes, it seems that the late Terry Nosek, was also working on an Andruzzi bio before he passed away.

If anyone knows how to get ahold of Terry's next of kin, it may be worthwhile to see what he was able to collect.

Depending on the amount of material, I would be willing to share co-authorship credit with Terry (and royalties with Terry's survivors).
That Creepy Magician
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
861 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Tony was one of those people who had a mythos surrounding him, partly engendered by him and partly by the people around him, people who knew him or who heard about and read about him. The mythos continues to grow and change even -- perhaps especially -- now that he is gone.

There will never be a definitive work written about Tony and his various personae. The principal players have left the stage, and those who remain have only fragments of the puzzle. Too many pieces are missing, and the rest is a jumble of sometimes conflicting perspectives, misinformation and embellishment, and a handful of facts. In that sense, Tony is the Charles Foster Kane of bizarre magic. And I think he would have been delighted by that.
Brain Food, A Game of Life & Death, Proof Positive, and Paper Prophecies
available at http://www.davidparr.com/store
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
339 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Philemon,

Terry's wife is currently working with someone about this project. He is well known to a lot of us and was like myself a personal friend of both Tony and Terry.

So, at this stage the stuff Terry amassed including hours of interviewing Tony just weeks before his passing is being reviewed. As well as stuff I was able to pass along about the Tom days in Dallas and then the appearance MyM in later years.

If anything changes, Barbara will let me know.

Lary
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen

Here is the bibliography of Masklyn ye Mage (Tony Andruzzi):

"Daemon's Diary" Illusions Ltd. 1984
"Negromicon" Tony Andruzzi 1977
"The Grimoire of the Mages" Tony Andruzzi 1978
"The Legendary Scroll of Masklyn ye Mage" TonyAndruzzi 1983

(Even though you didn't ask for it.)

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4224 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-04-10 15:44, TEB3 wrote:
Philemon,

Terry's wife is currently working with someone about this project. He is well known to a lot of us and was like myself a personal friend of both Tony and Terry.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

I will wait for the other book instead then. Smile
That Creepy Magician
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Just FYI

This topic has moved to the private-member Shadow Digest and has caused a firestorm!
Those who think it’s important to document the life of pivotal figures in magic,
those who feel a sense of entitlement to have dirt made public, and
those who insist a closed coffin should stay nailed shut….
so many viewpoints and so much passion.
To walk the dog, exploit the dog, or let sleeping dogs sleep.
Hmmmmm, what would Tony do?

Fly-on-the-wall,
Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
As Tom Palmer he wrote "Modern Illusions"

Van
Later Ya'll

Van
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2008-04-21 12:36, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
Just FYI

This topic has moved to the private-member Shadow Digest and has caused a firestorm!
Those who think it’s important to document the life of pivotal figures in magic,
those who feel a sense of entitlement to have dirt made public, and
those who insist a closed coffin should stay nailed shut….
so many viewpoints and so much passion.
To walk the dog, exploit the dog, or let sleeping dogs sleep.
Hmmmmm, what would Tony do?

Fly-on-the-wall,
Walt

What would Tony do? He'd have a little hair of the dog then turn the dog story into a fish tale.

But then again, we aren't Tony. Well, most of you people aren't. Smile

Tony
enigmatic
View Profile
Regular user
France
173 Posts

Profile of enigmatic
Few years ago I worked and I spent 5 days with Tomsoni. He told to me some stories about Tony Andruzzi, especially the one about the assassination of Kennedy. Tomsoni and Tony was good friends. Moreover, many idea of the stage act of Tomsoni are from Tony. So, for sure I think you can get lot of stories from Tomsoni about Tony.

Erick.
Real vision is the ability to see the invisible. (Jonathan Swift).

WWW.MAISON-HANTEE.COM
WWW.CHASSEURDEFANTOMES.COM
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1931 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
If the book is released, I hope to all that is unholy that it is NOT a typical biography. At the very least it should be written in the style of Bizarre that he popularized, mixing fact with liberal sprinklings of bizarre tales. It should be a journey into the heart of the bizarre and as such, a proper tribute to one of the great creative minds of the history of magic. Truth is subjective and ultimately I think instead what he would want communicated would be something we could become wiser and better performers with, not gawk at one's mistakes in life. Perhaps an interesting part would be letters from fellow practitioners about his influence on their art. I definitely hope there is a big vision for the book, it could become a very important work in Bizarre Magick instead of a curiosity.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
j2d69222
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of j2d69222
Quote:
On 2008-04-09 18:23, magicusb wrote:
Wow! When I mentioned this Kennedy rumor, did not expect it to grow this way. Anyone have anything else to add?

Dick Brooks

For what it's worth: There was a note delivered to Capt. Crowder, Dallas P.D., that said an anonymous caller had reported that a coded message had been sneaked out from Oswald to Ruby, morning of 11/24/63; that the message had not been received by Ruby; that the nessage was at that time in the hands of the person at FE1-3746, "Stewart T. Palmer", 2728 W. Davis, #125; that the person was in fear of his life, feared the police, and was going to take the message to FBI. The address and phone number were Tom Palmer's. Among others he'd had previous contact with was Bruce Carlin or his wife "Little Lynn" Carlin (Ruby stripper). Both worked with/for Ruby.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tony Andruzzi (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL