The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Helder Guimaraes releases card Magic DVD! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
Wow!

I've had this DVD since the spring when I got one from Helder at a magic shop where I bumped into him. I've only now completed watching it. I'd say I agree with most of the previous posters that this is one of the best card magic DVDs out in a while. If you haven't got it and you are a card guy (or gal, if such a thing exists), treat yourself.

This is one of those releases that will probably stay underground, but it is truly one of the most creative and commercial collections of magic I've bought. I can understand this not being for everyone. The production quality wasn't exactly top notch. But, while the quality was less than perfect, I thought a lot of care went into the production, so all of the routines were easy to learn and understand.

I was stumped by several of these effects, including the aforementioned sandwich routine which I am adding to my repertoire. But, I loved the patter for the effect and the CSI idea. Helder gives you a great kernel and its really easy to grow it out into a very clever, funny presentation.

The first time I watched this through, I thought it was only a so-so release, but in re-watching the DVD, thinking about the routines and learning them. If you weren't wild about this DVD at first, I'd recommend re-watching it with special attention to the Crime Card Trick, the Blank Deck Routine and Out of this Water. I think the latter is one of the finest OOTW routines out there and it will probably become my routine of choice.
Helder Guimaraes
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Helder Guimaraes
Thanks for all your comments, positive and negative. It's all part of life...
Hope the new one is liked by most of you guys!
Cheers,

Helder
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
565 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Quote:
On 2010-11-26 12:59, Helder Guimaraes wrote:
...Hope the new one is liked by most of you guys!
Cheers,

Helder

Helder, does this mean that you have a new DVD released? If so, would you mind giving us some details as to where it can be purchased, what is it called, etc.?
jman466
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of jman466
I believe you can read more and purchase here:

http://store.dananddave.com/red-mirror-helder-guimaraes.html

Regards,
Jason
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
565 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Jason,

Thank you for your post. I am a BIG fan of Helder's card magic.

John Luka
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Wondering if this DVD will be sold by other dealers never bought anything from Dan and Dave. Anyone have any comments on their store?

Best
Leo Jr
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1617 Posts

Profile of bugjack
They are reputable and I'm sure their store is fine. Their DVDS in the past are sold elsewhere, though -- perhaps after an initial waiting period. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find this one in a brick and mortar store in the months ahead.
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Are they in the UK or US?

Best
Leo Jr
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
818 Posts

Profile of magico
They are in the US. I just placed my order for the dvd yesterday.
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Thanks I'll be ordering from them.Helder is amazing plus he got me good with his first DVD I was ready to send it back before I found out the joke was on me.

Best
Leo Jr
Helder Guimaraes
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Helder Guimaraes
Smile Well, that was a good joke.
Thanks to everyone!
Vincent.Santiago
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Santiago
I found his lecture notes on sale. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie......ESELX:IT
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2010-11-27 17:33, Leo Reynolds Jr wrote:
Wondering if this DVD will be sold by other dealers never bought anything from Dan and Dave. Anyone have any comments on their store?

Best
Leo Jr

I have purchased from them on multiple occasions and found their customer service first rate
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1608 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2010-11-30 16:16, Vincent.Santiago wrote:
I found his lecture notes on sale. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie......ESELX:IT

The massive content in this booklet should rename as a 'Book' by Helder. Helder's original web site was down for some time and this is only available through his lecture I believe.

Already placed order for red mirror and look forward to his new book release in coming soon Magic-Con.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Any one know when Red Mirror will ship order in November and got a e-mail saying shipping has been delayed into December?

Best Leo Jr
KevinKM99
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of KevinKM99
Called Hocus Pocus a few days ago and they said they had no idea when it was even going to arrive. Can we enforce a rule that says a business can't charge credit card/advertise for a product if said product isn't actual on hand, much less have no idea when it's being released?

Until then, I'm gonna rewatch Helder's Small Miracles DVD for the 150th time.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1617 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Somewhere I saw posted that there was a printing problem with the packaging and it was being redone. That's why the delay.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of learachel
The 7 january! murphys source!
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Yes I erecieved a e-mail from Dan and Dave a packaging problem and they will ship as soon as they arrive. Ihope the 7th.

Thanks
Leo Jr
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1608 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2010-12-22 15:02, Leo Reynolds Jr wrote:
Yes I erecieved a e-mail from Dan and Dave a packaging problem and they will ship as soon as they arrive. Ihope the 7th.

Thanks
Leo Jr

Thanks for the info, unexpected it takes so long to reprint those DVDs ... I will be in Beijing by then it arrive into my mailbox...
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Helder Guimaraes releases card Magic DVD! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL