The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: School Daze, Flash Silk, Mini Gag Wallet, Klink DVD, Wizard Bag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
I picked up several items recently...here are some reviews of them.
First, the effects:

School Daze
===========
Two short different color pencils [ie: red and blue] and a small wooden box are displayed. The performer places the box behind his back then turns his back towards the spectator. Spectator is instructed to place one pencil in the box and close the lid on the box and to place the other pencil in their pocket. The performer turns to face the spectator and immediately name the correct color pencil in the spectators pocket! This is an old effect with a new and improved method! No mercury or tissue paper used! Can be repeated over and over again. Instant reset. Very well constructed. Made in the USA. Supply is very limited.

Flash Silk
==========
Effect: Performer displays a black silk printed with a white design. Silk is slowly shown on both sides. The audience is asked to throw some imaginary colors toward the silk. Instantly and visibly the silk is completely colored in many bright attractive colors with the words "It's Magic" right in the center! This is a perfect opening trick. It's quick, it's flashy and couldn't be easier to perform. The change is instantaneous! Silk is manufactured from parachute material that will last a lifetime! Measures approximately 17" x 17". Imported. Supply is limited.

Mini Gag Wallet
===============
Not a magic trick but a great sight gag! This beautifully crafted black leather wallet measures only 6" x 3". Comes complete with several realistic mini bills! Imagine going to pay for your bill at the grocery store or diner and you pull out this mini wallet! Great one liners possible like, "I'm sorry, I seem to be a little short on cash" or "I'm sorry, all I have are small bills". Well, you get the idea...

Kris Nevling's Klink DVD
========================
Two cards are removed from any deck. Let's say the 6 of diamond and the 4 of clubs. The centers of the cards are torn out. The performer proceeds to link the cards together! Linked cards can be placed in the spectators hand where the cards visibly unlink leaving both cards to be completely examined! This effect is so strong that once you learn its secret you will perform it every time you do card magic! This instructional DVD will teach you step by step how to perform this miracle. Also included on this DVD, "Million Dollar Card Trick", a torn and fully restored card miracle!

Wizard Bag
==========
Broken beads from a necklace are poured into a small cloth bag. After the magic word is said, the bag is ripped open sending a completely restored necklace high into the air! The velcro® constructed bag is beautifully crafted in the USA! Complete with very special wizard bag, loose beads, necklace, and easy instructions. Bag measures 7" x 10". Since I buy in quantity and direct from the manufacturer, I can offer this item at a great price! Normal retail on this item is $49.95. My price is $36.95... a big savings!

My reviews:

1. School Daze - A simple and clever trick involving a red and blue pencil, as well as a wooden box. After the pencil has been placed in the box, the performer can immediately know which pencil is in the spectator's hands and/or the colour of the pencil in the box. There are no peeks. The method is clever and the props are well made.

This was $21.95 - http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/16-50.htm#schooldaze

2. Flash Silk - A nice visual item that I have used for birthday parties. It's quick, colourful, and easy to do. I normally perform it as an opener as there's a quick bit of preparation just to get it ready for the change from black/white to colour (nothing complicated). Kids love it and the message on the silk ("It's Magic") sets up the magic to come. Smile Also, if you wanted to, you can go from colour to black/white.

This was $24.95 - http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/16-50.htm#flashsilk

3. Mini Gag Wallet - This added nicely to my collection of card to wallets, Mullica wallet, Himber wallet, etc. It's essentially a miniature version of a black leather wallet complete with mini bills and a set of instructions. It can be used as a gag but a sleight-of-hand change from a normal-sized wallet to mini wallet could be possible too. It all depends on how you want to use it.

This was $10.95 - http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/under15.htm#minigagwallet

4. Kris Nevling's Klink DVD - This DVD teaches how to visually link 2 playing cards, separate them, and then immediately hand them out to the spectator for examination...they won't find any rips or tears. I also like the fact that you only use 2 playing cards (unprepared), nothing more, nothing less. All the "necessary work" is done in front of the spectator as the card middles are torn out, etc. At the end of the effect, the 2 card rings and their middles can be looked at. The handling itself takes some practice but it's not difficult...only requiring some brief "cover" as the work is done.

I also enjoyed the "Million Dollar Card Trick" bonus on the DVD...it's basically a torn and restored card effect in which at the end, the restored card transforms into the spectator's signed and previously "lost" card. Kris goes step-by-step and walks through all of the handling.

The DVD runs for about 65 minutes. DVD video quality is excellent.
This was $34.95 - http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/16-50.htm#klink

5. Wizard Bag - This is a great birthday trick in which one item changes into another (in this case, a bunch of purple beads transform into a full string of beads). You can also use this bag to do a torn and restored card effect, along with other restoration-type tricks. The wizard bag is similar to a change bag but is built differently...also, the revelation of the restored necklace is flashy and sudden as it is shot upward into the air as the bag is ripped open. Overall, this effect is very easy to perform and there are many possibilities with it.

This was $36.95 - http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/16-50.htm#wizardbag
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Two big thumbs up here, for "School Daze"... I've always enjoyed Bob Solari's magic. It's very resonably priced, and Bob has great instinct in finding the shortest distance between two point, in terms of practicality and efficiency. This effect is very, very simple, but oh so clever. (See description above). I've seen other similar effects that sell for FAR more money, and whose workings are overly-complicated. Two enthusiastic thumbs up.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Mini Gag Wallet surprised the heck out of me-- it's much finer quality leather than most regular-sized magic/mentalism wallets I've encountered. When you receive it, the smell of fine leather is overwhelming! This is a quality product, that is good for more than just one gag. Highly recommended.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: School Daze, Flash Silk, Mini Gag Wallet, Klink DVD, Wizard Bag (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL