The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Lady's Man (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sinergy22
View Profile
New user
Madison, WI
17 Posts

Profile of sinergy22
I am currently working on a close-up effect I like to call "Lady's Man." My main purpose for the post is to get general reactions about the trick, ideas for performance, and to ask if this is too similar to any trick currently on the market.

THE EFFECT: The four queens are tossed down one at a time onto the table, and handed out for inspection. After gathering them back up, they are all placed face up on the table. Next, you fan through the cards so that the spectators can see the faces, and tell them to ask you when to stop. After they say stop, you select the four cards after they said stop. The four indifferent cards are thrown onto the table again, picked up, shown individually and finally stacked in a pile far from the four face up queens. When all of this is done, you introduce two blank back-and-front cards. You (if you desire) can explain that they are eraser cards, or whatever similar patter you wish. The first queen is placed in between the two "eraser cards." You may shake them, twist them, snap them, or whatever, and when you reopen the packet of three, all three are blank! The fronts are shown, the backs are shown, and they are shown one by one! You proceed to show your hands totally empty, and explain that the queen did not disappear. You turn your attention to the four indifferent cards, and spread them. One has turned into the vanishing queen! This is done three more times, until all the face-up queens have become blanks, and all of the queens have traveled to take the place of the indifferent cards. After all four have made the journey to the other pile, the stack is picked up and shown to be the four queens a final time. With a snap of the cards, they all instantly turn back to the indifferent cards! You then pick up the four blanks that have been spread out on the table. WIth a simple flick, the blanks VISUALLY turn back into the four queens, before your very eyes, and in midair!!! All is gathered up, made into one pile, and flipped over one by one to show that there are no fancy cards; just the standard four queens and four indifferent cards, in addition to the two "eraser cards."

This effect would be a brilliant opener or closer for a close-up routine in my mind. I have already played around with two different "story versions" of the trick. One I am especially proud of; it involves a bit of comedy about how women go to the bathroom in groups! This bit of comedy adds to the visual nature and movement of the cards from one pile to the next.

So that's my effect? Any thoughts? If this is too similar to an existing effect, let me know! By the way, there is no need to have any home-made or factory-made gimmicks. Just a standard deck and a specialty deck.

Best Wishes,

Austin Messer
JoeyHart
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JoeyHart
Hey,

how have you got on with the effect?

I like it! Would love to hear more Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Lady's Man (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL