The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ::SWB:: auto writing board. hear anything?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Looks, nay, sounds like it could be the "Grail" of blackboard doings...

any reviews? anyone wanna buy one, an review it please? I'm on a budget. I'm supporting Ligon an Mystician's wives...

Bless!!

Baba
--------------------------------------------------
With this innovative device, you will be able to create the most amazing routines. The possibilities are endless. Test your creativity and accept the challenge to perform an original and unique act. We will just give you some examples of how to use it, so you will have an idea of the possibilities the SWB (Self-Writing Blackboard) will offer you once you have it in your own hands.....

You can go even farther! Put the blackboard without anything written on it and a chalk inside an envelope and leave it on a table. Now, ask ghosts to show they are present by writing on the blackboard. Then, you will take it out of the envelope and read the messages from the other world! ....

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Looks mighty nice....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Yep, I'm so curious too.

There is no description of the board itself...is the frame wood or plastic? The envelope gets mentioned so much I wonder if it is included?
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
It SOUNDS good....
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1035 Posts

Profile of indomagic
It is just shown up on Murphys website.The frame is wooden and envelope is included. Need review
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1652 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yep!! I saw that also! Looks very interesting, VERY clean!! Anyone knows something about this?
Ben
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
915 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
That sounds great and if all that they say is posible..thats real magic.
askernas
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
294 Posts

Profile of askernas
Now where was that thing? .. it's not on their website no more...
Micke Askernäs
www.askernas.com
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
It does sound good, heres the link on murphys -

http://www.murphysmagic.com/SWB-Self-Wri......n-Tricks

there's a vid too....
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
All windows clips go black for me everytime about 1 min. in.....

anyhow, I can see the premise, if not the whole workings. an that's dope.

would be perfect in our oft' darkened settings, versus on the "ave."

wonder if refills would be needed.

anyhow, looks great. we could murder with this.

Bless. thanx for the links....
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Sounds like the Roni Shachnaey ones, but maybe not quite as good...i don't like the idea of the envelope...seems at odds with the rest of it...
I've asked to be banned
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
But, with a lil story, an perhaps aging of the 'lope (provided it doesn't mess up the Ga** if I'm 'right'), the envelope could have a chance...........but I hear yuh...specs. tend to forget the details, as we are filling them with visual stories an metaphors of the mind.....theyd only recall that the spirits wrote a message on some old board, I suspect...

and if they were annoyed by the 'lope, we can always sacrifice 'em.

Baba
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Love yur nome de plume, btw...Abraxus...thats where 'its' at....learned of him thru a great doc. on Charlie Manson.....whom walks on the 'other side' of enlightenment, if I may.....see it at google..."Manson Superstar".... amazing insights...

Baba
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Bless you kind sir...

I'm all for the (soul) sacrifice...
I've asked to be banned
KPPfeiffer
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of KPPfeiffer
The envelopes seem to "make" the trick. You have to buy refills. Hm....
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
DAMMMIITTT. if only we could catch a real freakin ghost....
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
358 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Dig into your books. The basic premise, if not the works of this modern miracle, are perhaps given in one of the four books known as Thayer Quality Magic by Glenn Garvatt. One of the instruction sheets sounds very familiar to something Floyd Thayer attributed to an older source. Read them all and find the one!

And frankly I hope these aren't available as e books or pdfs. There is much to be said for actually remembering something previously read in a real book, then digging through shelves and reading it once again.

There might be clues buried in a lot of the instruction sheets that could help catch a "real" ghost.

Back into the forest.

TEB3
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13154 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Personally, it looks silly to me.

Having to put the board into an envelope to cause the writing is more than obvious. For those who want a more visual effect, go with the standard where the writing appears on the board while it is in sight. It may not offer the advantage of adhoc writing, but it is effective. It appears to just form on the board.

Don't dismiss the old stuff you learned as kids. Smile

Tony
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Yeah, its silly.....

and thanx for the info TEB...
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I am inclined (about 60 degrees from the vertical at the moment)to agree with Tony, however the envelope could be justified as "providing darkness" for the spirits to manifest. Still, the method seems pretty transparent even if the envelope is not. Smile I think the envelope is a weak point.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ::SWB:: auto writing board. hear anything?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL