The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Devin Knight's Blindfolded Car (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Richard Osterlind was the first person to see my new book. The following are his comments quoted with his permission:

THE BLINDFOLDED CAR--A review by Richard Osterlind

I first learned of Devin Knight, a.k.a. Jason Michaels, from Al Mann. He was
the young man who was making headlines everywhere with the Blindfold Drive.
It was also from Al that I first got a book that talked about a "Blindfolded
Car!"

This is the real work on that novel idea! I feel a bit funny about
recommending this book in the same way that I would feel funny about
recommending a book about the Bullet Catch - no matter how good. Rest
assured, this stuff can be dangerous! Devin warns the reader over and over
again just how dangerous that is. So take heed, and yet, I DO recommend this
book highly. If you are a serious mentalist, it is something you should have
in your library. You may never know when you need this information.

On a different note, I found this book to be fascinating as it gives the
reader a "feeling" about what the real work in such feats is like. It is
real, nitty gritty stuff. Also, there are plenty of ideas here you can adapt
to other, less hazardous effects. The practicality of these should open your
mind up to similar mentalism effects.

You should approach this work as you would if studying a book of Houdini's
escapes. But it is a study that you ought to if you want your education as a
mentalist to be complete!

Richard Osterlind

April, 2008
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Just for the record, a blindfolded car is one in which the windshield have been covered with newspaper as an added layer of mystery. Not only is the mentalist blindfolded but so is the car. It makes for an inexplicable mystery.

Devin
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Where can I obtain this Devin?
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
The dealers will have it in about 10 days, if you can't wait that long, I have a few available direct from me.
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
238 Posts

Profile of ns
How much, how much????

Sounds like a real treasure
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
$29.95 and it is a real bargain for the information.
Castle2369
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston, MA
207 Posts

Profile of Castle2369
I'm definitely getting myself a copy, great news!

-Erick
Creator of the Gallerian Bend
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Wasn't there an Al Mann book with a similar effect?
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Yes, Headless Horseman which was Al's attempt to duplicate my methods since at that time I wouldn't tip them to him. Al's methods are covered in great detail in my book, more so than in his early release. Plus I explain new advanced methods that Al did not know at the time.

Al didn't explain how to cover the windshield with newspaper from side to side because he didn't know my methods.

In this book I explain a newer improved method that allows you to cover the windshield so the paper goes from one side to the other. The entire bottom of the windshield is covered. Despite this you can drive an obstacle course at GREAT speeds. Even with a reporter in the car with you.

I even explain how you can achieve speeds of 70 MPH which I have done many times with the windshield covered. You can race around a speedway at 70 MPH and nobody will have a clue how you do it.

Some other well known mentalists on the Café have seen the book and will posting their comments and reviews later this week. Some of them want to actually try this before posting comments.

Devin
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Here is the official ad copy that will be on your favorite dealer's site next week:

THE BLINDFOLDED CAR by Devin Knight

Are you ready to take your magic career to the next level? Enhance your magic career with one of the most amazing publicity stunts every created. The Blindfolded-Car Drive is unsurpassed for getting front page publicity.

This isn’t your normal blindfold drive. Not only do you drive a car blindfolded, but the WINDSHIELD IS COVERED WITH NEWSPAPER at the same time! People may suspect you could see through a blindfold, but how can you drive with the windshield covered? Yes, you can even have a reporter ride in the car with you and have no clue as to how you are driving the car sight unseen.

This new book by Devin Knight, who was one of the early innovators of the Blindfolded Car, reveals all the secrets he has used to garner millions of dollars worth of free publicity. (Some which is reproduced in the book.)

FOUR DIFFERENT METHODS REVEALED! How to drive a car with its windshield PAINTED solid black. How to drive a car with a sunshade over the windshield blocking the view. Two ways to drive a car with cardboard or newspaper taped over the windshield!

The Speedway Drive is taught. Learn how to drive a car with its windshield covered at speeds up to 70MPH around a speedway.This stunt can be sold to a speedway as a pre-race event for hundreds of dollars.

Some of these secrets have baffled the smartest minds in magic. Some have never appeared in print before and many of these secrets are revealed for the first time. Devin holds nothing back and reveals how to do this. This book covers all the legalities of doing this. It tells you when and where to do it to prevent problems with the police.

Not only is this a great publicity stunt, but this book shows you how to GET PAID HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FOR DOING IT! The book is full of tips and ideas for adding comedy. The handcuff drive is fully explained in the book adding an element of danger to any blindfold drive.

This Blindfolded-Car feat appears totally impossible, but you can learn the secrets just by reading this book. Even if you never do the feat, the secrets will fascinate you and add to your magic knowledge. NO GIMMICKS, NO ELECTRONIC DEVICES ARE USED. No special car is needed.

BONUS EFFECT: Stopping A Car With Your Mind. Learn Devin’s secret of letting a reporter drive your car and causing the car’s engine
to stall just by concentrating. Not only that you can make another car passing you STALL in the road. The secret is ingenious and NO DAMAGE will come to either car. It is revealed in print for the first time. It is a great publicity stunt that may garner you front page coverage if you pull it off properly.

This is an 8.5 x 11 comb-bound book with 43 pages full of illustrations detailing everything you need to know. Please note these feats should only be done on CLOSED ROADS, Fairgrounds, and parking lots. These feats should never be done on open highways. This book is sold for educational purposes only. You use this information at your own risk.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
As a fan and collector of Al Mann books, Devin was kind enough to give me a preview of the effects - this book is gold... but you have to have guts... but what card-carrying mentalist (???!) doesn't have guts Smile

The toughest mentalist I ever met wore a human esophogus for a tie...

Seriously, I will post a proper review after I drive around my blindfolded SUV in the next couple of days (The Headless Honda)....

In short - the methods are quite ingenious, which is in keeping with Devin's usual high standards and masterful effects...

I'll post my review soon....

(Speaking of body parts.... what movie...?
"If I take out my intestines, it is me and my intestines.... but if I take off my head... is it me and my head or me and my body?")
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
To bad he was selling the routine as AN EXCLUSIVE years ago, and now to the public... I say this as I bought this exclusive years ago...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
IMHO nobody writes instruction better than Devin Knight.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Devin Knight's Blindfolded Car (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL