The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Uwc (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
Is this gaff completely new in idea and shape or is it a combination of already known devices?
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
You can read about it on his blog. He has the entire history posted there and a complete description of the gaffus.
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
I would assume you are talking about Lassen's blog?. . . Got it.
Thanks
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Jeff O,
You will have to look in the April Archives! It's At the Botton!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
I did eventually find it. Thanks though.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Your Wecome! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
Where is the video about Otis using the utility reel, someone was mentioning it before
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

It will be comeing out when he gets the reels ready! Stay Tooned!:)
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
Dave,

How far are we from your UWC book?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hi,
I think we have 3 or 4 left to go! Then we will have to do the editing and The ILL.! So As I have said Before Stay Tooned! And Have A Happy 4Th.
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
There's going to be some lucky guys in the very near future, I'm told the second batch of UWC will be going out in the next week. Lassen has created the most awesome gaff to date, I think it's only rival is his Triple Threat.
smartboysports
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of smartboysports
Quote:
On 2008-07-17 12:15, polygonsmagic wrote:
There's going to be some lucky guys in the very near future, I'm told the second batch of UWC will be going out in the next week. Lassen has created the most awesome gaff to date, I think it's only rival is his Triple Threat.

Hey, I'll second you on that. There is nothing out there that compares to the UWC. The effect, routine, and possibilities, plus the time Todd puts into them... he's selling it way too cheap. Seriously... PRICELESS. I'd love to get a second one for reserve. Speaking of the Triple Threat, I just got my 1921 Uncirc Morgan set last week. Perfection.
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
I showed my wife the video Todd put up on Otis' blog, and she loved it. I've been digging around in my magic cellar looking for ebay fodder to get the money to buy a set. UWC is absolutely MAGIC!
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Totally agree with that! (still haven't received mine though... I can't wait to play with it!!!)I did order an extra copper coin! But no fresh news yet...
smartboysports
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of smartboysports
I feel your pain. I'm terrible about that - I want it NOW Smile But, we all know Todd's a busy guy. I've bought most of my sets on Ebay cause I can't stand to wait! Speaking of, have you seen he's put some of his coins on Ebay? Prices are incredible. Good for him.
Keep us posted on your UWC.

I also meant to mention; you said you bought the extra copper coin -good move. Did you also grab the extra Morgan? I haven't done anything to bring the extra copper into any routines, but use the morgan to go into the Somoya. I guess I should keep playing with them. I'm still watching here to see if David Neighbors gets done with his book.

Did you catch that... David Neighbors... done with the book??
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yes, Todd's a busy man... which is a good sign! Yes I saw he started selling coins on Ebay... And yes, the prices are high!!!

No, I didn't buy the extra Morgan because I didn't feel the need to... I already have quite a few Morgans after all, so I hope one of them will do...

The Somoya routine is REALLY nice. Do you happen to have link to a video btw?
I'll keep you posted when I receive my UWC! Let us now if there are some news concerning the routines in the book!

Cheers! Smile
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
I doubt the other Morgans will do because these are shaved down and re-milled, re-reeded. Having spent as much money as you did on UWC, you should get the re-sized Morgan insert because its specially matched to your set. If you don't get it and decide you want it later, you will have to send the whole set back to Todd to get it matched. They are only like $35 bucks...
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
Certainly ordered the extra coins with my UWC order. I think that with the basic UWC set and the extra coins I will be able to do an enormous number of routines. I am anxiously waiting and waiting and ... , well that is what we have to do until the magic day arrives!
The real magic is family!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Quote:

I also meant to mention; you said you bought the extra copper coin -good move. Did you also grab the extra Morgan? I haven't done anything to bring the extra copper into any routines, but use the morgan to go into the Somoya. I guess I should keep playing with them. I'm still watching here to see if David Neighbors gets done with his book.

Did you catch that... David Neighbors... done with the book?? Smile

Yea---Yea I am working on it! I am wateing on the writer! Smile But it's Geting Closer!
Two routines left to write! And then the Ill.'s.
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
CMNeff
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of CMNeff
Dave Neighbor's UWC routines have all be transcribed with the exception of a glass top table routine which couldn't be easily transcribed due to glare on the video. Will meet with Dave next week and complete.

These routines are killer!! My favorite involves a twilight routine with a small mirror through which the coins pass and change places and many of the routines leave you completely clean. I've also transcribed many of the sleights in greater detail which may or may not be included as a separate section. None of these sleights are obsessively hard to perform and there are a fair amount of 'feints' in Dave's work which makes them more magical as well.

Transcribed this book will be quite large, perhaps over 100 pages when illustrations and photos are added in. I'm pretty sure I'm over 75 pages of single spaced typed pages. I think it will be well worth the wait. I apologize for the time taken but it does take a bit of time and rewriting for each routine and I think the wait will be worth it. Since there are a limited supply of UWC's out there I think you'll most likely be 'the first on your block' with these routines.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Uwc (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL