The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Liberty Coin Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
http://magicmakersinc.com/dvds/libertycoinvanish.html

Quote:
From the magic mind of Brian Thomas Moore, Magic Makers brings you an amazing coin vanishing effect, the Liberty Coin Vanish. Brian will show you his completely original coin effect that is visually stunning!

This effect is easy to learn with step-by-step instructions from the creator himself.

Along with this amazing effect you will also learn some additional coin moves to combine with this effect to astonish your audience.

I am wondering if this uses sleeves or any gimmicks. It looks pretty good.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
wilfr3d
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of wilfr3d
Looks to me like it uses the same method as iVanish
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Yes, it could be. But his hands are so far away from his *****, unlike iVanish.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Did he say that he's a vet? I thought I heard this... I also think perhaps long sleeves shirt is required?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
It looks awful.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3400 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
It's a one trick pony!

Not impressed!

JMHO

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
YUCK! Another Magic Makers stinker. Get the hint!
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
705 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
That is the most unnatural looking vanish I have ever seen...
Tony Chapparo
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4909 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I think it looks interesting.

If the method is "new" then it could be a great thing to add, sometimes I got bored with all standard moves that everyone does.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2008-04-15 13:22, Kjellstrom wrote:
I think it looks interesting.

If the method is "new" then it could be a great thing to add, sometimes I got bored with all standard moves that everyone does.

and the odds of it being new are.....?
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Newb2
That's one odd hand position. Worse than the revolution hand position.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Not too impressive as far as I'm concerned.
Ryan_B_Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Sugar Grove IL
244 Posts

Profile of Ryan_B_Magic
Doesn't look like anything good
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Does anyone else see what I see during the first vanish... when he opens his right hand..... can you say Whoops.....
Although I see a flash.. it is an interesting little vanish.
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
So my wife watched this and she has been in this business a long time with me and has seen a lot, besides it being Magic Fakers she said that it looks like a nice vanish as long as it is practicle. So I guess I am wondering why everyone is saying it looks bad. LOL is this from a magicians stand point or Layman stand point? Or is it because he looks mad in the video(not mad as in angry)!

Sickmagic!
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
It is not a natural position to hold a coin. Dai Vernon would have been ashamed of him...
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
Well, to some extent I agree, however almost all vanishes are not logical, why would you pick up a coin in one hand and put it in another hand to make it vanish? Not all magic has be an exact movement of naturalness, however with this vanish if it is stand alone I don't think it is good, but if it can be worked into a routine then it might be valuable to some.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
I agree it is an interesting vanish but he flashes on the first go through in the demo video... you can see where the coin sits unfortunately.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2008-04-16 06:19, sickmagic wrote:
Well, to some extent I agree, however almost all vanishes are not logical, why would you pick up a coin in one hand and put it in another hand to make it vanish? Not all magic has be an exact movement of naturalness, however with this vanish if it is stand alone I don't think it is good, but if it can be worked into a routine then it might be valuable to some.

there are plenty good vanishes that look better, so I can;t see why anyone would use this over other methods.

anyway, the why is simple as to placing the coin into the other hand. to do somthing else with the hand, its a basic principle of sleight of hand. most or all good coin guys do this.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Quote:
On 2008-04-16 07:52, Majestic12 wrote:
I agree it is an interesting vanish but he flashes on the first go through in the demo video... you can see where the coin sits unfortunately.

Yep-- big oops there. If you're going to do this sort of vanish, you're probably better off looking to Shoot Ogawa's work. I think it was on Cultural Xchange 1-- he had a 1 hand vanish-- insanely hard, but much more natural-appearing.

- Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Liberty Coin Vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL