The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Steve Beam lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Steve Beam will be giving a lecture in Portland, Oregon on Thursday, April 17, 2008. I think he'll be talking about astonomy, the origins of the universe and, in an off-moment, maybe something about decks of cards.

$20.00 at the door; $18.00 in advance.

The name of the lecture is: "Magic with no Entertainment Value". Steve is the editior or Trapdoor magazine and the author of the "Semi-Automatic Card Tricks" series of books. It should be a great lecture.

For additional info, contact Mark Bentheimer of Magic Fest at magicfest@aol.com or (503) 735-0600.

Mike

(P.S. I have no affiliation with Magic Fest; Ijust thought I'd pass this info on to the magicians who are "in the area" orwho need any excuse to take a few days off from work and come up to Portland.)
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Man! Was this ever an entertaining and informative lecture. First time I met Steve. Boy! Does he ever have the chops!! But, he was so entertaining, I imagine that I would have enjoyed watching him finger paint or washing dishes. I would have loved to have purchased one of everything--but I don't have enough lifetimes to read it all.

What was especially nice was the thoroughness and clarity in which he explained EVERY effect he perfromed. When he was done explaining, you clearly understood the effect being discussed.

One of the most enjoyable, entertaining and informative magic lectures that I have attended in a long time.

P.S. Funniest line? IMHO: Steve has the spectator "inadvertantly screw up" (i.e., I was the spectator). Steve IMMEDIATELY takes the heat off the situation by saying: "Not his fault--not his fault" "It was my fault"........(and in a lower voice) "I picked him." Funny funny line. (Of course, Steve had set the stage for this line by his previously funny off the wall and non-malicious one-liners and quips.)

If Steve ever appears in your area to give a lecture, I urge you to go see him.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Steve Beam lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL