The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic Bricks! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
They look kind of cool but as a ventriloquist rather than magician, I am not sure there would be enough there for me to use. They are very magic focused.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
I bought the BRICK PAGKAGE and yes, it is a very good package of magic themed artwork. I don't intend to diminish the positive comments made about BRICKS in any way, but I have another package of images I purchased a while back which I think is equally as good and was a bit cheaper. Steve Hustings MagicClips has 150 images in a variety of genre's and offers up some ideas on how to put them to use as well. I have no financial or personal interest in the MagicClips program, but I thought all who are considering Magic Bricks should also be aware of another option.

You can find details of the MagicClips images at http://www.stevehusting.com/magicclips/

You can buy the CD with images on it at http://www.lulu.com/magicclips

Again, I purchased the BRICKS and love them and will undoubtedly use them.....but I still find myself using the MagicClips a great deal when I'm developing various graphic materials for my business. Hope this helps!
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
I have the entire MagicClips collection as well... and they ARE great too! Steve’s work is all “digital” renderings and the like, not real photographs or anything like that but imagine having and using BOTH ( http://www.BricksOfSuccess.com ) in your marketing and success outcomes… I have and WOW an entire graphics department ALL for a few hundred bucks total… can’t go wrong! Whoo Hoo!

Cheap at 5 times the price if your were to try and hire out all this work and it’s all done for you! – Gotta love that!

Good tip Al!
Dean
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Are there any similar products for non-magic websites?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I used my Magic Bricks to create a couple graphics for 8' banners that I use for my back of room sales. Here's a pic:

Lyndel
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Lyndel,
Rock n’ Roll man! COOL!

Clinton,
I am not understanding your question…
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I just received the Magic Bricks package, so let me take a look at what is included and re-ask my question a bit later.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
...ah, ok.

I'm interested in your thoughts on your Magic Bricks Of Success!

I LOVE them and have used them alot!

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
Dean (Loves Bricks Of Success) in Reno
<><

Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Dean, I think he was asking the same thing I did. As a ventriloquist - would they work for me or are they very specific to magic?
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Are they more ‘specific’ to magic?

Are there resources for everyone of us? YES!

There are TONS of pics anyone can legitimately get online for a fee ( a few bucks to several hundreds EACH…with rights) for your marketing, just no 'really good stuff for magic (who knows, maybe for vents too) but Bricks Of Success are definitely created for magicians, mentalists, Jugglers, hypnotists, (Etc) and YES there are killer backgrounds, pics and elements (etc) that can be well use by ANY of us (YES Vents included) in the collection.

There are LOTS of samples and even some killer FREE Stuff, check it out at http://www.BricksOfSuccess.com

Are they ‘for’ everybody? Maybe, maybe not… that is for each to figure out.

Again, I just happen to LOVE them, I had ZERO hand in making them or anything like that, just supper happy they now exist!

Whoo Hoo!
Dean
<><

Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
I saw the ad in the recent magic magazine.
if I didn't see this thread I would have
probably not remember it.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Here's an image that I'm putting on a postcard:

TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Whoo Hoo!

jl1717
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of jl1717
Christopher,

With a postcard like that, what is it that you are good at? What do you do that is so special it makes someone want to RUN to the phone and book you then ask how much you charge? You're putting yourself in the "magician for all occasions" category. Try to make your promotional material go with what market you're after.

I see this as a huge problem in magic. Many, many magicians STILL put "Magician for all Occasions" (or something close to that) on their promo material and it doesn't tell the potential buyer what the magician is good at.

Chris, I'm not saying this to knock you and I hope you can see that I am trying to help you with what I said above.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Thanks jl, your comments are valid. This card would be a reminder card to my mailing list. I have already sent several postcards that are specific about what market I am after. This is the first attempt with the Magic Bricks artwork package.

This is an excercise in "less is more". Generally I am guilty of cramming too much on a 5"x7" postcard.

Here's another example that I will be sending a series of this fall to schools, made using Magic Bricks artwork:

I haven't sent anything out yet, so comment as you like.
jl1717
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of jl1717
That's better!

It's focused and right to the point. There is no harm in having different promotional material for different audiences. I do "Magic for all occasions" but I don't advertise that. I have a website for corporate work, for kid shows, for schools, and eventually one for theaters. Plus all the promo that goes along with each seperate market.

This way I am setting myself up as the expert in whatever market I am sending material to. It just makes sense to me....
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Thanks again, jl717.

The Magic Bricks artwork package is a great set of licensed artwork, however, I wish to caution potential buyers that all you are getting is artwork. There are no "samples" of finished flyers, cards, etc. The end user will still have to have a bit of "layout" savvy to make any of this work for them. The cool thing is that you can use a simple "Print Shop - Print Master" desktop publishing program to do your layout work in. You do not need high end layout programs to design a decent piece of promo for yourself.

Sometimes, I am really blown away by the way technology has changed the way in which we do things. I know that some of the "old timers" on here can remember a day before the computer, when we had to pay BIG MONEY for any kind of decent promotional print work - be that flyers, brochures, posters, etc. If you had the money, you spent a fortune on a graphic artist, and then the printer. Any magician with a full color brochure was a top pro - or just rich. Now any 12 year old can make a full color brochure at home.

Now we have "virtual brochures" called websites. Makes me wonder what the future of marketing has in store for us next...but that's another thread! Smile
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Good point Chris. For those not into designing your own cards..etc..you can also have your own flyers customized at the magicbricks website. Its sort of an " Insert your name " here sort of a thing.

http://www.theatrix-int.com/store/cart.p......list&c=1

Best,

Tim
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Ryan REALLY KNOWS what he is doing... these tools and resources are the best I have seen ins a looooooong while for magicdom. - I'm a FAN! (as if you shouldn’t tell! - Hehehehe!)

fasr eddie
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of fasr eddie
I ordered these and was given a break on the shipping to the U.K. Delighted with the selection of images and have already put them to use.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic Bricks! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL