The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Just when you thought it was safe to say you were a mentalist... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
Just when you thought it was safe after the NBC show had died down to admit your links to mentalism/magic we see this:

http://vegasblog.latimes.com/vegas/2008/......ign.html

I am stunned. It seems to go from bad to worse.
malkav
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of malkav
Roid rage?

That is a bit out of control.

The whole "Loyal" thing has always made me gag.
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
I agree Luke that the story is both a sad indictment of celebrity culture and bad press for our craft. However, Angel has created a persona and image for himself that is very much adrift from most performers in our field. The onus is on the rest of us to conduct ourselves with dignity and integrity in order to bring a balance to the public's perception I guess.

By the way, I've PM'd you a couple of time's but haven't heard back - are you backlogged in replies or didn't you receive them? If you get a moment, I'd love your thoughts on the rubik routine and the offer I made! Hope to hear from you.
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
C.W.G.
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of C.W.G.
Cris Angel.... Is it ok to wish he wasnt alive anymore, or if he has to be, can it be with sever difficulty?

Luke you worked with the guy, is he really this much of an ass? I know Jay doesn't think much of him after their time together (check out the video parody that Jay made if you havent already).
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
Criss Angel ignores chance to retract threat

Isn't it interesting that in the picture directly under that headline, he is flashing a "peace" sign.

Frankly, I think that Cirque people should be suitably nervous about promoting his upcoming show. $100 million is a rather large amount to invest in someone exibiting instability.

Hennessey
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2498 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On 2008-04-15 19:07, Finny wrote:
Cris Angel.... Is it ok to wish he wasnt alive anymore, or if he has to be, can it be with sever difficulty?

It's not ok in my book but you are free to do whatever you want.

Personally, even if I had 1000 wishes, CA wouldn't come up in a single one.
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
834 Posts

Profile of RileyG
And those who worked his A&E SAG (Screen Actors Guild) Commercial shoot for his show promo on March 25th have not been paid as well... SAG contracts states that we should have been paid by April 11th 2008 (max 12 days after shoot), and today is the 15th, and still no check in the mailbox... SAG has been informed and claims are being filed for late payments... I say this as I'll due over $350 for the shoot, plus late payments now...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13154 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
No surprise after his display last year.

Backed by his posse he had enough guts to chase down and threaten to maim a disabled man. He is a real hero. What’s next, little children? Oh wait, then who would he date?
C.W.G.
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of C.W.G.
Quote:
On 2008-04-15 19:51, Lemniscate wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-15 19:07, Finny wrote:

It's not ok in my book but you are free to do whatever you want.

Personally, even if I had 1000 wishes, CA wouldn't come up in a single one.

Sorry guys, the second half of what I wrote there came out wrong, I did not mean it in a disabilty sense if that's the way anyone took it up. I just want the guy to be punished for being the person that he is, and I believe that eventually, that will happen.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I thought this was the low point http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5f8X2zjgxk . That or when he gave that girl a mental boob job. I guess it is true that he is always trying to out due himself.
Drakmor Kain
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Drakmor Kain
Low point: Mental boob-job
High point (of being just f-ing creepy): The YouTube link.
C.W.G.
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of C.W.G.
Yeah the Youtube link has just a tad bit of Micheal Jackson to it and frankly... I'm not surprised when it comes to our good friend Cris...
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
I predict in the end of his career....due to the Attitude issue....Criss Angel will becoming one of the Vivid Entertainment highest paid Adult Actor......or taking his curent Rock Band in to another lowest level that curently in right now

Attitude determine one Altitude
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
He has a real rock band? One that plays in front of people?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
It is safe to be a mentalist - as Cri$$ is not one - he is just the MINDFREEEEAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

It just isn't good to be associated with megalomaniacs with delusions of godhood.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
Godhood might be the funniest word I have read all day.

L
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17611 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm glad they are questioning Cirque! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I liked Jim Callahan's post on that page. Especially the clever use of the phrase, "Mind Squeak".
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
834 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Better get that MIMEFREAK for the show... That would be great...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I'd go see the MimeFreak. After all he can vanish a smile and walk down stairs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Just when you thought it was safe to say you were a mentalist... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL