The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gordon Bean's Timecard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2008-04-23 11:19, gkfreed wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-22 11:51, booswain wrote:
Anyone have a fav Gordon Bean trick.

I'm a huge fan of Entourage!

Gary

I second that!
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
I found this demo online.....it follows Gordon's presentation in the instructions pretty closely. I also like this site so its a double whammy. http://www.magicgeek.com/timecard-497.html
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Nice site. I liked the Demo but I would of shown the backs all blank a bit more and maybe emphasized the different cards they could of chosen, but hey, it's just an online demo.

No annoying music, no 30 seconds of flashing filler, just the trick. I wish more demo's were like that.

Nice job.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
Yeah I agree...i would have liked him to sell it more..but it got across the basics
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Just wondering if anyone has come up with novel presentations. (Mine is above somewhere in this thread.)

Cheers,
Jerry
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I asked before so I know this is not like the Phil deck. But what I can't figure out is what aspects of "Timecard" are better or more effective than as would be with the same effect as performed with a Phil deck? The demo I thought was pretty weak as there was little attempt made to fairly display the cards. I'm assuming you can handle the cards more freely than the guy in the demo did.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I would imagine so but from what I saw in the demo, the entire deck could be a one way forcing deck and all the cards could have something written on the back. I know this isn't the case but that was very weak. Not sure why they put that up.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Gordon Bean
View Profile
V.I.P.
103 Posts

Profile of Gordon Bean
Thanks for all the great handling and presentational ideas, guys. I'll be trying some of them out myself! Since the whole point of this is how fair it looks up close—faces all different throughout the deck, bold writing appearing only on the back of the selection—I’ll be posting a tight-focus video as soon as I finish deciphering the manual for my camera.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
My son watched the demo and said that they are all the same card with different times on the backs, and he just found the right time. Not the method at all. Terrible video of an otherwise cool effect.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
I posted that demo because it was the only one I could find at this time...i agree it was not that well performed but did get across the idea...if you have this trick you know that its very cool and works very well...all my spectators have been amazed and I'm not a very good magician
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
When their selected card is on their palm you can flick through the cards face up saying "you could have chosen any one of these cards," turn the deck over and flick through again showing the backs of the cards all normal, then have them look at the back of the card in their hand.
Looks very clean.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
West you are right, except that you do not can but should (better to say have to) flick through! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
TimeCard - I got it, I like it. Pros: looks very clean when performing & has a memorable revelation. Cons: you'll basically be carrying around a packet trick in a card box as the cards can only be used for this one effect (if pocket space is important to you), always the same force card unless you buy up another deck. This turned out to be a great trick at my regular venues, to give something fresh to the regulars.

Entourage - I got it, I LOVE it. Pros: very strong packet trick. Cons: I use it so much, my cards are wearing out.

Gordon - do you sell just the 2 refill cards for Entourage?

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2008-05-13 16:36, jerdunn wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has come up with novel presentations. (Mine is above somewhere in this thread.)

Cheers,
Jerry

Hi Jerry, great presentation.

This effect is stunning. I've noticed that one particular time is chosen more often than any other, so.....I've taken a pocket watch and super glued the hands at this particular time, I've also smashed the watch up a little so it looks kinda battered (the watch stopped at this time when the watch was damaged) and I also had the "thought" of card inscribed onto the watch back. Now every once in a while you have an additional ending. I won't reveal my presentation but it is more down the "weird" coincidence route, but the watch idea can also be used with Gordon's excellent presentation from the instructions. It's just nice to have that something a little extra which is now happening more often than not.

With the use of linguistics you can re frame the whole routine so the impression left on the spectator is, they not only THOUGHT of ANY card, they also THOUGHT of ANY time. Powerful stuff!

Just to add, there is no memory work used to find the chosen time, Gordon has thought of everything, this is as self working as it gets.

All the best,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Rick,
Are you saying time card uses a force card and that the card is always the same?
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Yes and No. Your deck will come with only one force card (in my case, the 10 of spades). The time printed on the back of the card can be different every performance. It would be nice if the force card could be different every performance as well, but the only way around this is to buy up another TimeCard deck (and to specify a different force card).

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
The effect is most impressive..but it would be hard to repeat with the same person or group without some suspicion
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
There are very few tricks out there to which this doesn't apply.

I was just glad to hear that it wasn't a one-way force deck (or rather, the majority of the cards, not all), because that is the first conclusion you jump to.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Dear friends,

This sounds very nice. I really like what I hear, except for the fact that it doesn't come in European version with the hours 13.00 14.00 15.30 etc.I acknowledge to cover 24 hours and half hours you would need 48 cards, meaning it can only be done in American time where you would only have 12 hours and 12 half hours, involving 24 cards.

If I buy this effect, can I then substitute the force cards, with different force cards having the hours 1.00 , 2.00 up to 23.00 and 24.00, meaning that I skip the half hours and substitute for 2 different full hours - or is it impossible to make up your own version.

Let me just state before anybody write back, that I will happily buy more versions of the effect, before I make my own copy for European hours. I'm not trying to cpy something I did not pay for.

I like Entourage a lot, but this sounds as a better trick in my book

Best regards

Jan
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Jan, if you bring your watch into the play you won't have any problems as a watch doesn't show "European times" like 16.30 a.s.o Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gordon Bean's Timecard (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL