We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Spring is here Turkeys and Trout.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardone
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of cardone
Hey ...Anyone out in magic land like to turkey hunt or trout fish ? I start trout this weekend ...and turkey hunting on May 1st ...... The spring wood in New York is magical and uplifting .....
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Apparently I live next door (like a few hundred yards) from one of the world's best rivers for brown trout: http://www.thebowriver.com/index_1.htm

No, I don't fish. Smile

But maybe I should take it up. Lord knows, it must be cheaper than, and is probably as much fun as, golf.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of cardone
I went golfing once and I loved it ....But fishing and hunting can be expensive ....there is the stuff you need and the stuff you don't ...guess what ....the stuff you don't need is a lot of fun the buy and use ....
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
In my younger days I used to fish....a lot! I never have done any type of hunting, although, as a marksman, I'm fairly decent!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
I kind of gave up fishing when I realized that I was ready to call it quits after 10 min and no bites.
Far as hunting, have trouble hitting the broadside of a barn
Still, there is rugby now that I've been cleared to return to the pitch
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
cardone
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of cardone
10 mins ? wow that's quick ...I sat for 6 hours and no bites a few years ago .....
cardone
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of cardone
Hey Jim ...I have a pipe collection I might start selling ... a few nice ones ...Nording , Peterson, Dunhill....Do you collect ?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2008-04-15 20:04, balducci wrote:
Apparently I live next door (like a few hundred yards) from one of the world's best rivers for brown trout: http://www.thebowriver.com/index_1.htm

No, I don't fish. Smile

But maybe I should take it up. Lord knows, it must be cheaper than, and is probably as much fun as, golf.

I grew up near the Bow, and it really is a great river. I actually spent more of my childhood trout fishing in the Elbow near the Tsuu T'ina reserve. It was great trout and whitefish fishing 35 years ago, but I suspect that urban sprawl has ruined it.

By all means, give the Bow a shot. The river dramatically changes character when it passes through Calgary. Upstream, it is a fairly swift mountain river; downstream, it widens and slows for the prairies.

John

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Spring is here Turkeys and Trout.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL