The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cleaning cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

krowboom
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago area
420 Posts

Profile of krowboom
When cards get sticky or dirty from handling what is the best way to clean them without taking away their smooth finish? Thanks.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Don't bother. Buy a new deck!

Cheers!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Ditto what Steve said! With cards a tad over a buck a pack at Costco and SAMS it's hard for me to justify any excess care!
However if you need to be thrifty I think a quick wipe with a damp cloth followed by a pat with a dry towel shown do fine. Also be sure to wash your hands before handling your cards!
krowboom
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago area
420 Posts

Profile of krowboom
I'm asking because of gaffed cards that are used in certain tricks. I don't want to buy the trick all over again. Thanks.
dobber
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of dobber
Perhaps you can buy replacement cards from your magic dealer. The shop I patronize in Orlando, for example sells replacement cards for Skinner's Monte at a very reasonable cost. I really appreciate this; after all, I've paid for the secret once, I shouldn't have to pay for it again just because my cards wear out.

Here's an idea...Use the gaff cards for performance only and make crude "practice" cards from blanks or jokers with a sharpie. They won't be very good, but they should work for practice and you can prolong the life of your investment.

Just an idea, Rob
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Great idea Rob...Thanks!

Mark. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cleaning cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL