The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Will you show me a card trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
I too perform Jay Sankey's Back In time as a default. It's so easy to do yet gets a great reaction. I also do That's It! and Dr. Daley's Last Trick. Those are my 3 safe bets.

Lately I've been carrying Kolossal Killer in my wallet at all times, so even if I don't have a deck of cards with me, I'm always prepared.
Stedwick
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
73 Posts

Profile of Stedwick
"Freezing" used to happen to me all the time.

My problem was that I knew too many tricks, but zero routines. I would learn one trick, then learn another, etc. I never stuck with a trick or two.

Routining is KEY!

Here is how I solved the problem. I told myself, "Ok, I am going to learn one trick that I can do FASDIU (from a shuffled deck in use) and that's it."

That solved the problem. Whenever anyone asked me to do a trick, I whipped out the one trick that I knew perfectly.

As soon as you know one trick perfectly, you learn a second trick perfectly. Then a third, then a fourth. You don't really need that many.

Then you make your routine. Make a routine of about three tricks. Practice the routine, not each individual tricks. Then, when people ask you to perform out of the blue, you will have your routine. You will never have to think about what comes next because you've rehearsed your routine.

In other words, doing magic impromptu does not mean improvise. It means, be prepared with a routine that can be done at any time.

My current FASDIU routine is
1) Do As I Do
2) Four Card Coincidence (my own, inspired by Aronson)
3) Flash Speller (Aronson)

Stedwick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Will you show me a card trick? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL