The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New directions... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1234 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
I'm always interested in how our art can be taken in a new direction, or adding a twist that takes it into a new theatre, so to speak. With this in mind, I offer this link.

But before you all throw up your hands in horror, let me tell you a little about the polygraph machine… (According to Marc Paul) it was common practice to perform a card trick while the subject was wired to the machine. They would then answer “no” to everything. “Is it red?” No. “Is it Black?” No – Oh, the machine demonstrates that you are lying…. “Is it a high card… Is it a low card… and so on.

As mentalists, we should be able to do this even better, and put the fear of God into them, because we can get inside their mind and tell the name of their first pet / childhood sweetheart etc. So, it is POINTLESS lying.

With that in mind, check the clip… (For those who don’t know, Trisha is a very popular daytime discussion show here in the UK.) http://www.trishatv.com/view.asp?id=528

Drew
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
I am a big fan of Drew's work

Interestingly enough this post was titled "New Directions"

I recently won a lead the lead role in a stage audition with a self written monlogue by the same name.

Only it was spelled a little differently.

"Nude Erections."

Sounds the same though.

DT3
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Boy...after reading Drew's book (excellent BTW), and watching that video...Drew you scare me to death Smile I sure am glad I'm not the type of person to be untruthful...Awesome!

Nathan
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1234 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Don - that's funny!

Nathan, thanks for the kind words.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18819 Posts

Profile of IAIN
That's excellent drew...

I "searched you" on youtube, love your stuff...good to see both humour and intensity...
I've asked to be banned
Ringo
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Ringo
Absolutely lovely premise. I'm absolutely curious to see how this evolves !
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
Quote:
On 2008-04-19 21:24, Don Theo III wrote:
I am a big fan of Drew's work

Interestingly enough this post was titled "New Directions"

I recently won a lead the lead role in a stage audition with a self written monlogue by the same name.

Only it was spelled a little differently.

"Nude Erections."

Sounds the same though.

DT3

I was going to ask if it was a big part...but then I realised this wasn't the double entendre thread
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Quote:
On 2008-04-20 16:16, muse wrote:
I was going to ask if it was a big part...but then I realised this wasn't the double entendre thread

Oh YES it is..

Something tells me that in the theatre Donny will make a big impression with his part, and will receive a warm welcoming hand upon his entrance...
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Love the promo!

McAdam - The Interrogator.

Certainly has a ring to it.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1234 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Hey, Anthony... The parts filmed in the interrogation suite - you may just recognise one or two of your techniches from your excellent book (of course, actual induction techniques cannot be shown on TV, but.... hey!) they are real convincers, again. that the truth cannot be hidden. Know what I mean?

Drew
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
That is great to hear Drew.

Hypno Truth Serum - I think I just found my next routine Smile

Here is a link to an old article by Estabrooks about Hypnosis and Interrogation.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2155881/CIA-St......rogation

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Looks great Drew, can't wait to see more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New directions... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL