The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best Chop cup dvd? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1078 Posts

Profile of taller8
Which is better, the Greater Magic Chop cup dvd or the L & L Worlds Greatest magic Dvd?

I know that chop cup routines can share similar moves, so I was looking for the dvd that offered the most variety in styles and teaching while still utilizing a standard chop cup and balls.

Thanks for any insight.

Paul
mrehula
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of mrehula
I have only the World's Greatest Magic DVD, but I can report that it is an excellent introduction to the various styles and techniques available.

The chop cup is an underappreciated tool. Most people know some cups and balls techniques (every child's magic kit reveals the basics), but the chop cup throws audiences off balance.
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
293 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
I have both and would recommend the L&L World's Greatest.

The Greater Magic has the Larry Jennings routine found on the L&L; it has a short variation and routine from Martin Lewis; and it has a very detailed and drawn-out section from Brad Burt on the sleights necessary for a good Chop Cup routine, but without ever actually seeing the routine in full; there is, of course footage of Don Alan's routine, plus a brief examination with him of his hard load, without going into further details of his routine.

The L&L disc will give you great variations from David Regal, John Mendoza, and Gary Ouellet, plus Danny Tong's routine, Steve Dacri's routine, the aforementioned Larry Jennings routine, and Jim Swain's Jennings-influenced routine.

If running-time is any indication, the Greater Magic disc runs to 67 minutes, and the L&L disc is 1hr 53mins.
RogueMD
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of RogueMD
Paul-
I don't do chop cup work so not the best source of information; however, having said that...from what I've seen, John Mendoza has an excellent routine that is well taught on his video tape (not sure if it has been ported to DVD).
Of course, this is just ONE routine and your asking about a compilation video so this may be of no use to you, but Mendoza does TEACH very well.
2 cents...spend wisely.
Michael
drmagic
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of drmagic
I would also recommend the L&L "The Secrets of the Chop Cup" DVD. If you're looking for a chop cup and DVD combo at a great price by it directly from Dan Tong. He's having a special now through the month of May.

Here's the link: http://www.magicbypauline.com/chopcupcombo.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best Chop cup dvd? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL