The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Having trouble with a Tamariz effect (Mnemonica) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vernest
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Vernest
Hey guys, I'm trying to squeeze in an effect of Tamariz from Mnemonica, but I think there are some major typos on it. Could anyone please help me figure out if its me or if there is a real typo? I've been really bad at reading lately, missing stuff here and there...

"Back-to-back deals- After Dai Vernon's Formula (Manuel Cuesta)
Mnemonica, Juan Tamariz, p. 60

"Cut the 10D to the top. This brings the 3H to the bottom."

This part I know that you should cut the 8D instead.

"Turn the first hand faceup and discard three cards (simply push them aside) while keeping the red tens."

This part is the weird one. When you turn over the first hand, after having dealt four hands of five cards each, you get 10H, 8C, QS, 8D, and 3H.

After this hand is done, the second hand will be a flush in clubs. The 7 of clubs being the one that completes the flush. Funny thing is that if you keep going as described, the effect works out perfectly.

Thanks for the help.
Vernest
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Vernest
Did anyone read this book???
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I read the book, some days ago. What is your exact problem?
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Vernest
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Vernest
"Back-to-back deals- After Dai Vernon's Formula (Manuel Cuesta)
Mnemonica, Juan Tamariz, p. 60

---------"Cut the 10D to the top. This brings the 3H to the bottom."

This part I know that you should cut the 8D instead.

---------"Turn the first hand faceup and discard three cards (simply push them aside) while keeping the red tens."

This part is the weird one. When you turn over the first hand, after having dealt four hands of five cards each, you get 10H, 8C, QS, 8D, and 3H.

My main problem is that I don't get the pair of red tens in hand #1. I made a follow up on where the two red tens are going around, and one lands in the third hand instead of the first hand as explained. In other words, I don't get the full house, but instead get a pair of sevens and tens. The 7 of clubs that follows is not part of the full house, but the flush in the second hand.

Look at picture 33 and you will see everything as theoretically is supposed to happen. Just try the trick out and let me know if it works for your or not.

Thanks for the help.
Vernest
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Vernest
Nevermind...for some reason I did not re-read the sentence "switch the 8D and 10D in the stack"

Sorry Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Having trouble with a Tamariz effect (Mnemonica) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL