The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Split Reality? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2008-04-30 17:34, Ezzet wrote:
The OOTW method in Split reality is different from other OOTW methods I have seen, so I was wondering what people who have bought Split reality think of it.
Still split reality is a wonderful routine.

Ezzet

I had never seen this method before. I am not the guy that can recall which year and book/magaizine that every last effect was published in, but I have never seen this method before. To me it makes the OOTW presentation extremly clean and takes out all the "moves". This presentation is great, to add to that you can very easily take the method that Jeff uses and put it towards other presentations. I like effects that are simple in nature, so I can worry about the performance side. I also like effects where you can take the principal and use it in other ways. Jeff has covered both of those for me.

Thanks Jeff

Nate
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Very welcome Nate...

certainly the methods at play can be adapted to MANY other presentations as well. I have found the most success with SR as is -- BUT -- let your imaginations run wild!

:)
xxx
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Indeed it is...and so are you Smile

Nathan
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Entity --

Credit is given...

I am very clear about the method for this not originating with me -- but stemming from several outside influences.

J
xxx
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Jeff, you may have had outside influences, but yours is, IMHO, the greatest version of OOTW to date. It makes a statement socially and psychologically; it has RELEVANCE, and therefore becomes far more than just an "effect". Clean, elegant... perfect.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2008-04-30 23:03, gabelson wrote:
Jeff, you may have had outside influences, but yours is, IMHO, the greatest version of OOTW to date. It makes a statement socially and psychologically; it has RELEVANCE, and therefore becomes far more than just an "effect". Clean, elegant... perfect.

agreed!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
How about having a third person on stage that is right/left brain (like me!) and give them the _______________ cards?

John
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
That may very well be an option john.

there are so many options with the handling for this routine, let your minds run wild!

if there are further adaptations of the effect I encourage the thinkers to send me thoughts via email.
perhaps there is a supplement in the future!

thank you gabe. I am glad you enjoy split reality!

the community has been receptive and I thank you all for that.

j
xxx
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
I just got "split reality" and although I'm an amateur and mainly interested in close up, this effect is very clever.
I think I'll print the photos on small size so I can carry them in a pocket.
Thanks to your wife for the photos !!
Would love to get further ideas if you do make a bonus.
thanks.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Oh bytheway, I had the pictures laminated at Office Depot. My laminating guy--John--commented on the pictures.

J
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Just read this effect and it is lovely. The premise dates back somewhat, I am not sure when John Kennedy released his version but I remember Wayne Dobson using the exact same technique in the late 80's.

Naturally I wont mention his technique as this is a public forum. Also a friend of mine known as The Grey Man has been using photographs and a similar technique for the last three years which evolved from a brainstorming session we had together. I use a similar routine to his using photographs and two spectators.

Split Reality is a case of great minds thinking a like as I know Jeff has not seen Wayne Dobsons approach from 20 years ago and the fact that the leg work has been taken out of collecting the photographs makes it a worth a look.

Spelmann
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
It makes a statement socially and psychologically; it has RELEVANCE, and therefore becomes far more than just an "effect".

I agree with Gabelson! The gestalt of Jeff's routine really adds something. A truly ingenious idea. Very clever!

Best wishes Jeff!

Sean
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Q, John, Marc, and Sean...

THANK YOU!!!!

I am incredibly happy that so many people are enjoying and USING this effect...

I can't wait to hear more thoughts.

J
xxx
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Been getting a huge amount of pm's and emails.

There have been some great ideas generated by purchasers of Split Reality.

The level of creativity that is being applied to this routine is inspiring me!

Nice work everyone!

J
xxx
Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
Have anyone who bought this effect used it for a real audience yet? How did it play? What did people think about it? Im still constructing mine at the moment.

Ezzet
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I have used it or the basic principal of the effect several times. To be honest the first time was not perfect but it was my fault. Since that time it has gone over really well. Its easy to perform which is a nice bonus.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
There is a utilitarian nature to the principles discussed in the book.

More tools for the kit!

J
xxx
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1191 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
I picked this up today. It really is great. An excellent stage OOTW style piece that takes all the fluff and moves out leaving you with a clean and direct effect. I love it.

Not that I have read or seen every method regarding OOTW but Jeff's is completely new to me.

I can personally see myself adapting this to use photos of people, as this is something I have been brainstorming i.e. using photographs of people.

Good work Jeff!
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
With it concerning left and right thinkers, would this trick work on someone who has had a lobotomy?
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
I'm considering this but what would really help is to see an example of the artwork to decide if it suits my style. This is not meant to imply that I have any doubt that the artwork is high quality its just that it may be wonderful and still not suit me. Just a low resolution of one of the images would help me decide.

s
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Split Reality? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL