The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Blew my mind... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Would those that strongly dislike this also argue that a blindfold drive is a terrible act that has nothing to do with mentalism and risks the driver crashing into and killing innocent people?

Just wondering...
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
I also watched Aaron at the Blackpool Friday night Mentalism Show, his performance with the bow was electrifying to say the very least.Looking around the audience everyone was mesmerised by this set.
Mark
E.O.I
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I loved both the the sword and his bow illusion. I thought it was a great act. A real experience for the audience and the participants.

And so refreshing from all the other lame acts on that horrible show. Do I detect some sour grapes?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17611 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That last lady looked like she was going to pee her pants ... I liked it Smile
I've never discussed this guy before but no one seems to give him credit for not saying A WORD. Fantastic Volunteer control basically as a Mime. Very good!
The people on stage are celebrity actors and actresses aren't they?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I found it quite entertaining,and well executed.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2008-04-22 08:32, Slim King wrote:
That last lady looked like she was going to pee her pants ... I liked it Smile
I've never discussed this guy before but no one seems to give him credit for not saying A WORD. Fantastic Volunteer control basically as a Mime. Very good!
The people on stage are celebrity actors and actresses aren't they?

I agree but he has really powerful stage presence the new Hans morette (if that's how you spell it)

I thought he was superb.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
The way in which he uses the lazers to select volunteers is really clever.
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Well, it certainly was more engaging than the US version....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
This act isn´t also my cup of tea. I also would never risk the health of a spectator or my own.
I think there are "better" ways to create a strong effect or good entertainment.
And to risk, in addition to the psychic condition(the emotional stability we find them before our act), the physical health as well...that´s too much.
And I also don´t like the music.

But if I abstract away from these points, the act itself was interesting. His blindfolding much more convincing than many other blindfold routines I saw before.
The complete act was coherent and something "own" or "special".

And by the way, did you already saw this?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RazLM_MU1XQ&feature=related

For my opinion this routine from hayashi (also from the uri geller show holland) is much more crude and let miss, what ravens act has - a proper style for his character.

Also interesting is that both acts were shown in the same show (the next uri geller in the netherlands).
Maybe the tv industry thinks that the "standard" dutch viewer of this show like this kind of entertainment?
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17611 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Chiller
Man, that lady moved right at the end thinking it was over before his last little chop.... She really could have been hit. no kidding!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2008-04-22 08:32, Slim King wrote:

I've never discussed this guy before but no one seems to give him credit for not saying A WORD.

That was the thing that impressed me. I didn't care for the rest, but the fact that he can do 8 mins without saying anything and still be entertaining is great. Some mentalists cant go 8 seconds without speaking.

One other thing. I liked the blindfold right up to the point where he put the tin foil or whatever that was on.
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
The second one was kind of sloppy and labored- I think being made to look like a human salad is worse than the threat of death.

One thing it does show is that the woman in question is clearly the go-to girl for whimpering and melodramatics and the traumatized thing is her shtick.

Interesting to see though that the Dutch version was the opposite of the US version.

While the American performers tried so many different ways to kill themselves, the Dutch seem to want to creatively kill their celebrity guests.

Kind of KILLING WITH THE STARS as opposed to the American SUICIDE IDOLS.

Maybe the next country will turn on the audience...
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I loved it...

Thought it was entertaining as all hell...

and isn't that REALLY the only thing that matters?
xxx
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Id say spectator safety goes before anything else. Odds are that lady knew exactly what was going to happen and exactly when to wet herself, but for me personally I wouldnt want to let all the other spectators in the audience feel like I would put someone in serious harms way for their entertainment. That is just my feeling, but I did watch all 8 mins. Smile
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Jay I agree with you on the first one, but the second cucumber rhumba went into overkill, I thought...

The Crow dude's bow routine I also enjoyed... although as it wasn't blindfolded it was more of a stunt/illusion than anything mental...
scarnecky
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah
330 Posts

Profile of scarnecky
Quote:
On 2008-04-21 21:44, chichi711 wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-21 19:51, scarnecky wrote:
This was better than almost everything I watched on the "American" version.

Then again I only watched 2 episodes.

Scar

There were more than 2 episodes?

:) Touche'

Scar
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Blew my mind... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL