The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Little help please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cybersmudge1393
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of cybersmudge1393
Hello all. how are you all doing? good I hope. hey I was just wondering if anyone knew where magic instruction videos could be paid for and downloaded and ready to watch right now? I would like to buy and download some, however all I can find is penguin magic with thier dvd downloads and I just want to know if there are other sites like this with dvd downloads.

thanks,
bj
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Branden Darcel
View Profile
New user
Colorado Springs, CO
72 Posts

Profile of Branden Darcel
http://www.theory11.com has some too.

50th post! Woot!

B
Branden Darcel
Mental Illusionist
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
L&L Publishing has online video.

Why do you prefer online vs having an actual DVD?
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Tokyo Williams
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
126 Posts

Profile of Tokyo Williams
Mmreed...I can only speculate, but imagine the answer to your question is that downloads are far more adaptable than dvds. With a downloaded file, you can burn a dvd, watch it on you ipod, back it up easily (pirate and distribute it more easily...it's a double-edged sword, granted). Basically, some people prefer downloads for the same reasons vast numbers of people prefer mp3s to actual cds/lps/etc.

I also suspect part of downloadable magic's charm is in instant gratification as well. I could wait for the dvd to arrive, or I could be watching it in 20 minutes. C'mon, you know you've opted for an e-book or two just to have it in you hot little (cyber) hands as soon as possible.

But what do I know...I don't even own any magic dvds (although I have borrowed a few in my time). And the books I keep accumulating keep getting older and older.
I have nothing to say
And I am saying it
And that is poetry.
-John Cage
dragee
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of dragee
I think maybe downloading is much cheaper because you dun need to include the shipping charges
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Little help please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL